The Importance of Being Split: The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. - Comments

  • It's really very useful for my coursework, thanks a lot!! But how could you find so much critics about this story? I wanna find them but I couldn't....
    November 27th, 2011 at 05:28pm
  • Alphabet:

    I prefer brackets, they look sturdy and scientific. But, technically, I should be using the (..) ones.

    And thank you most kindly for the comment. I got a mark of 80 for it at my uni. Which, for a lowly first year, is bloody brilliant.
    April 14th, 2009 at 06:23pm
  • One thing I forgot to say... Nice citations! I... enjoyed the citations... they made me laugh a tad bit. I have to admit that. Nice job on that. But, aren't they supposed to be in parentheses not brackets? (sorry, to be a critic :oops:)
    March 26th, 2009 at 01:35am
  • I must admit that article will probably be one of the best article I will ever read on this site. No, perhaps the best article I will read any were. I have just recently re-read this great little piece of history and I must say, after finishing reading it just... made me feel indescribable. Perhaps it is because I have found someone who actually cares enough of the "older" (my friends and I have arguments) stories. My friends only seem interested in the "up-and-coming" fiction and don't take the time to appreciate the pieces of literature such as Stevenson's Strange Case(I don't get italics I think...) I feel kind of bad for them that they don't find these stories enjoyable. I loved The Strange Case(stupid italics, gr!) and it was the turning point in my reading life. I hated to read, but I found a whole different experience in the works of the 1800s. I do apologize for my long comment, but I think this is a topic worth talking about. Every one now a days is all The Jonas Brothers, Twilight, Miley Cyrus, etc. It's nice to see something worth it for once. Something I can rant and babble on and on about for once. So, to conclude, I must say that I would suggest your article to anyone and everyone, even to my "weenie" friends. I bravo you one last time.
    March 26th, 2009 at 01:31am
  • Okay, so I didn't actually read the article, but I have my reasons. I clicked on the title from the main page, without even reading it to use it as a distraction from my English homework. And imagine my shock to see that this is over the very story I'm reading right now for English. I had to do a double take. O_O

    I didn't read it because I don't want any spoilers, so I'll read it when I finish the book and all the analysis that goes with it. Heh, this was kind of weird.
    February 19th, 2009 at 03:50am
  • Organization: A-
    Grammar: A+
    Content actually constitutes as an article: A
    Analysis: A+

    Overall: A+

    Notes: Excellent! The only problem I found was where you began talking about why you think Jekyll's confession is the biggest point and then you began rambling about something else then came back to the point a paragraph or two later... Other than that this is one of the best articles I've seen in a long time.

    <3
    February 19th, 2009 at 01:38am
  • Excellent article! Very well written and a great analysis.
    February 19th, 2009 at 01:15am
  • I read this for English in Year 10 and loved it. ^^
    Really great analysis. :D I think this is better than my coursework.
    February 19th, 2009 at 12:41am