Danny Boyle's Done It Again!

Danny Boyle's Done It Again! British film director, Danny Boyle, famous for his work on films such as Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, has cleaned up at the 81st annual Oscars for his work on blockbuster film, Slumdog Millionaire.

Winning the hearts of millions, Slumdog Millionaire scooped up eight Oscar awards on Sunday night in addition to a substantial amount of awards the film has collected over the past few weeks from the likes of the Golden Globes and the BAFTA Awards.

It tells the rags-to-riches story of Jamal Malik (Dev Patel), a former street urchin from the Dharavi slums, who becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" hosted by Prem Kumar (Anil Kapoor). The film is based around the questions of the show, and the stories behind how Jamal came to know the correct answers.

The viewer is taken on a fast-paced journey through India, with brilliant cinematography, an excellent soundtrack and a heart-breaking look at the reality of the conditions for people living in slums.

The no-name cast is spectacular, including many children from the slums and rising star, Dev Patel, who starred as Anwar Kharral in the British hit teen drama, Skins. Hopefully, we will see much more of him in the future.

"Jamal Malik is one question away from winning 20 Million Rupees. How did he do it? A) He cheated, B) He's lucky, C) He's a genius, D) It is written."

Latest articles