Band From TV to Play Heroes for Autism

Band From TV to Play Heroes for Autism The event is being held at The Avalon, Los Angeles on the 19th April at 7. The creators describe the event as “a celebration of art and music in the name of autism, featuring photography by the cast and crew of NBC’s hit television show, Heroes and artwork from members of the autistic community.”

Autism is a complex neurobiological disorder that would affect a person throughout their lifetime. 1 in 150 people are diagnosed with autism, making it more common than cancer, AIDS and diabetes put together. Autism impairs a person’s ability to communicate and relate to others, and symptoms can range from very mild to very severe.

The event will also include a silent auction, VIP cocktail hour, and of course, the performance by Band From TV. However, other special guests have been confirmed, such as Wendy & Lisa - the duo who writes and performs the soundtrack to Heroes.

Prices are fairly cheap considering the celebrities attending, as tickets to the event cost $70 (£49) however, if you wish to attend the cocktail hour, have early bids on the auction, and a limited edition of the Heroes for Autism book, then a VIP ticket will cost $200 (£140).

To find out more, or to buy tickets visit the Heroes for Autism website.

Latest articles