Actress Natasha Richardson Dies

Actress Natasha Richardson Dies Natasha Richardson died Wednesday after suffering a head injury from a recent skiing accident in Canada. She was 45 years old.

Richardson's ordeal began earlier this week, while she was taking a private ski lesson at the Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec, Canada. During the lesson, she reported that she "wasn't feeling well", which later lead to her collapse on a beginner's trail. After her fall, she was hospitalized in Quebec (where she was listed in critical condition) and then flown to the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, where she stayed in a coma until her death days later.

The publicist for Richardson's husband, actor Liam Neeson, released this statement today:

“Liam Neeson, his sons (Michael, 13 and Daniel, 12), and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

However, Neeson's publicist said nothing about the cause of Richardson's death, although it is thought to be due to an internal brain injury.

A native Londoner, Richardson has been noted for her roles in movies such as "Patty Hearst" and "The Parent Trap".

Latest articles