Rock: Forgotten, Overlooked or Overshadowed? - Comments

  • To be honest, there isn't really very many real 'rock' bands around nowadays, let alone them being played on the radio. Most of the music i hear being called 'rock' isn't actually real rock at all. It may seem it on the surface, but it most probably isn't.

    Most commercial radio stations play the music that appeals to the masses, and if Jonas Brothers and Britney Spears are what the majority of their listeners want, then that it what they're going to play.
    March 23rd, 2009 at 05:38pm
  • Rock bands DO recieve recognition and their music is played on rock stations. Hit stations include some rock, country, and rap songs in thier line up. However, their main focus is pop music.

    The Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus are called rock stars because of their fame. The term is not intended to define thier music. Though I do agree that it is annoying.

    I do not mean to be rude, but I seriously suggest revising this article. It is very wordy, and the progression of your ideas is sloppy. It makes it difficult to follow, and I stopped reading half way through.
    March 23rd, 2009 at 05:33pm
  • I kind of agree, but at the same time, I don't. There are the radio stations like Kiss 106.1 which plays mostly Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, and Britney Spears, but then there are the stations like 107.7 which plays rock music mostly all the time; Dashboard Confessional, A7X, among others. Then there is my favorite College Radio station that plays it all.
    March 23rd, 2009 at 05:20pm
  • Rock isn't forgotten. You're just on the wrong radio station.
    The ones you listen to are "pop" stations which play top hits of pop; which includes new types of music.
    March 23rd, 2009 at 05:04pm