Harry Potter vs. Twilight: The Facts - Comments

  • Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://www.forum.vuwpgsa.ac.nz/viewtopic.php?p=8678#p8678>Best Onlne Casino Website</a> b8b0bc4
    September 29th, 2023 at 05:58am
  • Yeah, I must admit I'm a Harry Potter fan. Your article was spot on: I don't hate Twilight, I just think that it is not as enthralling as The Harry Potter Series, as so many people seem to think.

    Good job.
    June 9th, 2012 at 04:40pm
  • closertoLOVE took the words right out of my mouth.
    September 21st, 2009 at 01:04am
  • Harry Potter is pure brilliance. twilight will eventually die away...
    HARRY POTTER ROCKS!!!!
    September 9th, 2009 at 03:02pm
  • I agree with you. Twilight was good for a little bit but it can not beat Harry Potter. Harry Potter will go down in history. x]
    September 7th, 2009 at 09:41am
  • You're absolutely correct, Harry Potter is superior.
    Twilight will fade away once the last film is made, whereas Harry Potter could actually have syllabuses(sp?) written and tought about it because the characters actually have depth and complexity as does the plot.
    Twilight is teenage angst, I think deep down everybody knows that Harry Potter is better despite which they prefer.
    September 5th, 2009 at 09:57pm
  • Twilight is someting that will die as soon as the movies finish or at least this is what I think. Harry Potter is something I want my children to be into. Twilight was amazing at first, addicting even but when it blew up it was no longer fun and the obsessed fans made it annoying. After defending Twilight for a long time I finally went back and looked at the writing. It's horrid compared to Harry Potter but then again..can anything EVER compare to Harry Potter?
    August 25th, 2009 at 11:31pm
  • My thoughts?
    Harry potter films are better.
    But i prefer Twilight books.
    i dont know why.
    The twilight film was shit, the casting was all wrong and Kristen Stewart needs to learn to SMILE.
    The Harry Potter books may be awesome, but i love the Twilight Saga more.
    thats just my opinion thoguh. feel free to disagree.
    August 25th, 2009 at 07:25pm
  • Actually, I never saw Bella as a lively character, anyway. To me, Kristen Stewart played the role right... it seems that Bella was supposed to be dull and boring with no personality to speak of.
    August 25th, 2009 at 12:59am
  • I'll say honestly that when I started the HP series, I didn't finish the first book. It didn't hold me as long as I thought it would have. Don't get me wrong, Rowling did a very excellent job writing the books and I'm sure the movies are just as good (never seen one of the movies).

    Twilight, at first, was awesome. Something new that no one finds very awesome. But as time went on, people started getting crazy and obsessed to the point where it was scary and I completely forgot about the books. I did, though, see the movie and thought it could have been WAY better than it was. Kristen Stewart completely destroyed the character Bella.

    The book showed Bella as a more lively person, whereas in the movie Stewart seemed to have made her look dull and boring.

    Though I never finished the series of HP or seen the movies, I'd still choose it over Twilight any day.
    July 9th, 2009 at 03:54am
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzhMCK0-5n8

    GO HARRY!!!
    July 8th, 2009 at 06:21am
  • Harry Potter! It's addicting!!Pr
    July 6th, 2009 at 11:28pm
  • :D Good story! :D I am obliged to think this way, too. At fist I thought they were the same level of interest (when I first read it about three months ago), maybe Twilight a bit more. Then, I thought they were fifty-fifty, as I started to realize it was just a little over-romantic, if you know what I mean. I bought the first book, and then (how typical is this?) started to not like it that much as I started to read more anti-Twilight stuff, which, when you think about it, is actually more realistic than the I-love-Twilight,-OMG!!!! stuff pasted all over the internet.
    So. On the other hand, though I was so bored with HP, having read them all (no exaggeration) hundreds of times, I was still prepared to admit that it has a lot of character. It is also quite amusing to watch Ron and Hermione's tentative Brit-style romance. I think I've read a bit too much American novel romances to stisfy me very much. I've noticed that each country, though its romance books are widely ranged, has its own essential way. Americans' tend to be all over the looks of the boy/girl. England's tend to be matter-of-fact, but still quite funny; easy to visualize. New Zealand (where I'm from!) romances tend to be down-to-earth, funny in a very real way (though this is a comic book and not romance, Footrot Flats is a good example of New Zealand jokes!), and Aussies' romances tend to be out-backy and dirty (I mean dirt as in the dirt on ground, not dirty as in not edifying). So, yeah. :D And Twilight and HP are typically romances of their countries- and while Twilight may be cool to Americans, I think I prefer the more staid Brit romances, or our own New Zealand ones. :D But definately, Twilight is so typically American that it's not funny. Brit humour's a little more interesting, for me. :D
    May 20th, 2009 at 08:18am
  • RIGHT ON!!! I soooo totally agree with you on this topic! I mean, The Twilight series was...good..i guess, but I also had to keep re-reading in order to understand what was going on...Harry Potter on the other hand, had me hooked from the second page! Thank you so much for writing this artical! It makes me laugh to hear my friend Niki talk about Bella as if she is a real person!
    May 20th, 2009 at 02:01am
  • I totally agree.. i like twilight but only a tiny bit, i LOVE harry potter. and i mean haha pretending your last name is cullen comeon! To be honest it upsets me when people pretend there last name is cullen, as my last name is really cullen! And i hate edward cullen he really annoys me and i get people calling me a liar when i say my last name is cullen! If i was going to say it was anything it would be Mrs Gerard Way :)
    COME ON HARRY POTTER
    May 11th, 2009 at 03:06pm
  • Even if I did like Twilight at some point, I always loved Harry Potter and knew no matter how popular Twilight got, Harry Potter would own my heart.

    Twilight is badly written when compared to Harry Potter, it's true. Harry Potter is a legend and the movies were way better than the Twilight movie. No offense to those who think otherwise.

    Harry Potter owns. Siriusly.

    Oh and I admit to joke about my last name being Malfoy and Weasley (Fred, not Ron.) ... and at some point, Black. XD (Sirius is awesome.)
    May 7th, 2009 at 07:03pm
  • My best friend & I use to joke about our last names being Potter and Malfoy. Aha, we were such dorks.

    I like Twilight, but it was terribly written and in some parts, made little sense. Edward and Bella's relationship wasn't romantic. It was creepy and abusive.

    However, I read Harry Potter when I was a little kid. And I absolutely adore it. I'm planning on re-reading the series soon.

    Jk Rowling is one of my heroes and I have no respect for Stephanie Meyer. She's not a real author, in my opinion. She wanted fame. Well, she got it. Now she should kindly leave the world of literature alone.
    April 26th, 2009 at 04:06pm
  • I totally agree. Even though I LOVE Twilight and it's series (I hate the book though), I definitely say that Harry Potter and it's series and movies are much better. They're well written, great descriptions and make you laugh. I'm also addicted to Harry Potter.
    I am.
    April 23rd, 2009 at 06:32am
  • ok people. we get it. you like harry potter or twilight. we're all different and cannot be swayed, so stop your bickering about which book/movie is better.

    By the way, the article was amusing.
    April 20th, 2009 at 11:39pm
  • okay first of all people I'm laughing at how utterly ridiculous you all sound about whether HP or Twilight is by far better than the other. I mean seriously you're really gonna sit here and debate what has better writing and how much money either had made? and popularity??? jesus! both are doing so well...so why the need to compare both...obviously they have nothing in common with each other, so there is no competetion...I think people just love to argue over pointless things and bored enough to start some fight. There are bigger issues to be discussed.

    Get over it people!
    April 18th, 2009 at 08:30am