The Jonas Brothers; The new Era Of Boy Bands

The Jonas Brothers; The new Era Of Boy Bands When the outfit of 3 brothers’ from New Jersey appeared in the music scene, I will admit I gave them a chance. I didn’t see anything wrong with them. I think now that I look back on it I was truly “Young and Dumb.”

The boys seem to be pretty good. Wearing Purity rings; the latest fashion among the Disney kids; and coming from a state that consists of some of the music industries big names, there were high hopes for them. Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance, Cobra Starship and Bruce Springsteen are in the mix that makes up Jersey’s great music background.

The Boys consist of 3 brothers; Joe (19), Kevin (21), and Nick (16). They are Disney’s show boys, lining up with a crowd that has done nothing but question Disney’s Methods and choices in idols and stars. Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Demi Lavato; share their title as “Innocent Disney Characters”.

As time passed The Jonas Brothers began to give us flashbacks of a time we all wish we could forget. N’SYNC, the Backstreet Boys and O-Town are the late '90, early new millennium music sell outs; boy bands. A group of boys, whom of which sing together, it seems that because the Jonas Boys carry and play guitars they tried to avoid that label. They can’t avoid it any longer. The Jonas Brothers are a boy band.

Now, why are they considered sell outs? Why do they get grouped with boy bands? Simple, they are over publicized and are beginning to drive the people who miss good music to avoid MTV or Vh1 (as if reality shows weren’t enough!) The Jonas Brothers as many people know have just recently welcomed a 3D movie to their list of accomplishments or in this case, it just adds more to their shame. The movie was said to have high hopes and make big bucks. Instead it flopped, losing its sales to Tyler Perry’s Madea goes to jail.

As many people, who have already decided that they are just annoying teens, are patiently waiting the die of this sad epidemic that is taking over the minds of too many pre teens. The boys' time in the limelight is seemingly diminishing and it doesn’t seem like it is going fast enough. They have already killed a Stevie Wonder song at the Grammy’s, how long will it take for them to stop making a mockery of the music business and let someone with talent take over their spot?

Latest articles