Coldplay to Split Up

Coldplay to Split Up Coldplay, a band consisting of front man Chris Martin, Johnny Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion, have enjoyed huge success in recent years. Since their debut album 'Parachutes' in 2000, they have released three more studio album, and sold more than 50 million albums world-wide.

Known for songs such as 'Yellow', 'Fix you' and 'Viva La Vida', separation for the band has been rumoured for several years now. At the 2006 Brit awards, after collecting an award for Best Single, Chris Martin said that “People are fed up with us - and so are we.”

This rumour has now been confirmed, with front man Chris Martin announcing that the band will go their separate ways at the end of 2009, before they get 'too old'.

In a recent interview, he was recorded as saying, “I’m 31 now and I don’t think that bands should keep going past 33,” he said. “So, we’re trying to pack in as much as possible. Up until the end of next year, we’ll just go for it in every sense. I don’t believe in time off. We’ve still got most of our hair, we can still fit into our musical trousers and we’ve got to make the most of that.”

As fans recover from this shock news, many will begin to wonder what more to expect from Coldplay in 2009. Another album, perhaps? Only time will tell, but for now, fans will be rushing to buy tickets to the 2009 World Tour, which is clearly to be their last.

Source: www.thetripwire.com

Latest articles