Obamas' New Puppy

Obamas' New Puppy Oddly enough, one of the most memorable moments of President's inaugural speech was not his talk of unity or liberty, but instead his promise to his daughters. Months after that, the presidential pooch became famous before he was even picked out as speculations were made about the breed of dog the Obamas would get. Finally, the identity of the puppy is known.

The Obamas were given a six month old Portuguese water dog by Edward M. Kennedy, Senator of Massachusetts. His name is Bo, allegedly picked by Malia and Sasha. He has jet black fur, with a white patch across his fuzzy little chest.

A source described the dog as "charming" the Obama family. Sasha was overjoyed with the new puppy when they first met, while her sister Malia was more concerned with the duties required to have a puppy- who would be training it, feeding it, walking it, etc.

Portuguese water dogs are known for being hypoallergenic, which is important to the Obamas because Malia has allergies to pets. In addition to that, they're very energetic and playful dogs, making them great pets for families with young children.

The Kennedys released a statement, saying "We couldn't be happier to see the joy that Bo is bringing to Malia and Sasha. We love our Portuguese Water Dogs and know that the girls -- and their parents -- will love theirs too."

The Obamas had wanted to rescue a dog from a shelter and made an effort to do so, but because of Malia's allergies that wasn't practical. Instead, they have vowed to make a donation to the Human Society to help the animals there.

Latest articles