Eclipse's Director Chosen

Eclipse's Director Chosen Summit Entertainment has announced on Thursday, April 23, that David Slade has been selected to be the director of Eclipse, the third film based off of Stephenie Meyer's bestselling Twilight series.

Slade has been the director of feature films such as Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night, as well as short films like Do Geese See God? and MEATDOG: What’s Fer’ Dinner , and music videos for artists such as Muse, AFI, Stone Temple Pilots, Tori Amos, and System of a Down. Slade has had experience with vampire films, with 30 Days of Night being about a town in Alaska plagued by vampires for a month.

None of the directors of any of the Twilight films have directed a sequel, with Catherine Hardwicke being the director of Twilight and Chris Weitz directing New Moon. It is currently unknown if David Slade will stick around to direct Breaking Dawn, the fourth installment of the Twilight saga, if it is made into a movie.

Eclipse is scheduled to hit the big screens on June 30, 2010, while its preceding film New Moon is currently in production and set to be released in theaters on November 20, 2009. Twilight is now out on DVD and Blu-Ray and has grossed over $350 million worldwide.

Latest articles