Octomom The Musical

Octomom The Musical It is one hundred percent true. There will be a musical on the octomom titled "Octomom the Musical." As cheesy as it sounds, people are quite excited.

Christian Voltaire came up with the idea to write the musical about Nadya Suleman the mother known as Octomom. He's already had thousands of e-mails from actresses and actors to play parts in the show. Hundreds of others have showed up in the auditions earlier this week. If everything happens according to plan, the musical will deput in Los Angeles on June 19.

The people involved in creating this musical are looking for someone who looks somewhat like Angelina Jolie. Most importantly they want someone who won't cut down the Octomom. They are making the musical from the Octomom's perspective and they aren't doing it to make fun of her. But still, this is going to be one different musical. The producers think it would be incredible if Nadya herself played in the musical. Nadya, at this time, has nothing to do with the musical except for the fact it's about her life. Nadya has not come in contact with anyone from the musical so they are assuming it's alright.

This will be Voltaire's first musical although he has helped produce several others. He finds it quite exciting to make a musical out of one of the most involved stories this year.

He's looking for someone who looks around her 20's or 30's (considering Suleman is 33). Voltaire is mostly looking for a girl who is, “Funny, whimsical, but not too charactery. She should be able to command authority, play broad range of facial expressions plus physical comedy. Sketch and improve experience a plus. Likable, energetic and at the same time able to be emotionally expressive and believable. Can handle musical theater and pop styles a plus. Actress who can move.”

Voltaire wants to put some humor into including babies that fly over the audience and also involving the audience getting "wet" during the reenactment of the actual birth of the octuplets.

Consider yourself seeing this if you get the chance and if it works. It will be something mentioned in the future as a once in a lifetime musical/play.

“Octomom the Musical” begins performances on Fridays and Saturdays starting June 19 at the Bang Studio, 457 N. Fairfax Ave. in Los Angeles. Advance tickets cost $20. For more information: OctomomTheMusical.com.

Latest articles