Pearl Jam's James Ament Attacked

Pearl Jam's James Ament Attacked When Pearl Jam - a Seattle, Washington, based rock band - was in Atlanta late last month, the bassist James Ament and a band employee were attacked outside a recording studio.

DeKalb County Police say that Ament and Mark Anthony Smith were mugged shortly after arriving at Southern Tracks Recording. Southern Tracks in the home of producer Brendan O'Brien. The band has worked with him before, and is recording their newest album with him.

Three men reportedly emerged from a nearby wooded area in masks and weilding knives. They shattered the windows of the rented car Ament and Smith were in and took all kinds of belongings, including a BlackBerry phone with God knows who's and how many phone numbers in it. They got escaped with over $7,300 in material objects and money.

Mekka Parish, a public info officer for the DeKalb County PD, stated that "Ament jumped from the passenger side and began to run, but was chased by one of the suspects and knocked to the ground." She also said he "suffered some lacerations" on the back of his head. Ament was treated at the scene. Ament's backpack and passport were also stolen during the attack.

"At this time the detectives believe the victims were not specifically targeted," Mekka stated. "But they think that the suspects were familiar with Southern Tracks relative to its isloated location."

Though security cameras at Southern Tracks Recording caught the incident on tape, the masks worn by the suspects make them impossible to identify. Witnesses reported seeing the suspects flee into the woods and jump into a black Maxima.

If you have any tips or leads, you are encouraged to call 770-724-7850.

Latest articles