Shutter Shades

Shutter Shades Shutter Shades are a rising trend in eyewear, as a form of sunglasses, even though they contain no glass. These unconventional shades are (usually) made out of plastic. Like normal eyewear, they have the frame of traditional sunglasses, but instead of the lenses, they have 'shudders'.

Shutter Shades were mostly brought about as a fashion trend by the musical artist Kanye West. But, originally they were a fashion trend back in the 80's, that expressed one's individuality.

Since the 1980's the classic white Shutter Shades, have morphed into different styles and taken many different colors. Now, there are also Shutter Shades that actually HAVE lenses AND shutters.

Like many other popular fashion trends, Shutter Shades have their copy-cats. But, you can tell the name rand Shutter Shades by the brand name written in all capitals on the side facing out on the posts.

You can see the popular styles and colors at the Shutter Shades website. Also, at the Shutter Shades website you can read about the different movements and who formed them. Such as, The Far East Movement and Hypercrush.

Although a store that sells brand name Shutter Shades is a little hard to come by, there are other popular stores that sell Shutter Shade-like, sunglasses. Such as Pac Sun.

Some people believe that Shutter Shades are pointless and ugly. But some people think that they are stylish and show individuality with the bright colors and styles.

Latest articles