Farrah Fawcett Dies at 62

Farrah Fawcett Dies at 62 Farrah Fawcett, a “Charlie’s Angels” star, who is known for her feathered, blonde hair and dazzling smile passed away Thursday morning. Fawcett was 62 at the time of her death. The pop icon died shortly before 9:30 AM on Thursday morning in a Santa Monica hospital. Longtime companion, Ryan O’Neal, and close friend, Alana Stewart, were by Fawcett’s side when she died.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," O'Neal said. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world.

The other “Charlie’s Angels” are paying their tributes to Fawcett.

"Farrah had courage, she had strength, and she had faith. And now she has peace as she rests with the real angels," Jaclyn Smith said.

"She was incredibly brave, and God will be welcoming her with open arms,” said Cheryl Ladd.

Fawcett came out into the scene in 1976 as one of the crime fighting trio known as Charlie’s Angels on TV. Her full, layered hairstyle became all the rage soon into her career. Fawcett left Charlie’s Angels after one season but went on the big screen with the movie Somebody Killed Her Husband. She turned to more serious roles in the 1980’sand 1990’s. She was praised for her role as an abused wife in The Burning Bed.

Fawcett was diagnosed with cancer in 2006. She underwent treatment with the help of O’Neal who was the father of her twenty-four-year-old son, Redmond. Just this month, O’Neal asked Fawcett to marry him and she said yes. Fawcett’s troubles and struggles were recorded in the TV documentary Farrah’s Story. Fawcett searched for cures in Germany as well as the United States. In the documentary Fawcett was seen shaving her blonde locks before chemotherapy could claim them. Towards the end of the documentary, Fawcett was huddled in her bed barely responding to a visit from her son.

Latest articles