Twitter Addictions Kill

Twitter Addictions Kill Twitter can be addicting, as some users have proven with writing 10 updates a minute, and most people just cannot live without updating, just like Romanian teen Maria Barbu, 17.

She was in the middle of a long Twitter session when she decided to take a bath. But, thanks to her update addiction, she couldn't leave her friend alone without updating. So, while on the tub, she tried charging her computer, but when she did so, she got terribly electrocuted. Maria Barbu died June 25, 2009, all because she couldn't leave her Twitter profile alone for a few minutes.

After learning the purpose of Twitter, most people have decided to get their own account. Twitter.com is a social website in which you can "update" others on what you are doing at the moment. Most celebrities have their own for the public eye to see where they are or what they are doing. If you decided to "follow" them, you can get their updates get sent straight to your home.

You can follow others, and other people may follow you. You can also "reply" to someone by simply writing an "@" sign before their username. That's how most comment threads begin.

Addictions aren't good, people, especially when it comes to the internet. Learn to set your boundaries and things like these won't happen.

Latest articles