Vampires Are Taking Our World By Storm - Comments

  • Twilight simply took the vampire and broke it down before destroying it some more when Stephanie Meyer tried to write the book.

    Buffy got me interested in vampires, Vampirates is a good book, it has a slightly different thing but the vampires are just about the same. They go blind in the sunlight.
    September 9th, 2009 at 06:44pm
  • I agree with Jonyx,
    and really my only problem with Twilight was the editing was not all that great and the vampires sparkled.
    I have heard "Her eyes sparkled like glitter"...
    Vampires avoid light because they burn, not because they don't want people to know they sparkle. (Well~ if I sparkled in the sun I would avoid life.)
    ;D I like Anne Rice, Buffy, Richard Matheson, and Stoker you know~ the sha-bang awesome writers. Sorry~ not a Twilight fan.
    July 17th, 2009 at 11:47am
  • It's all a bit of a phase. A lot of books have have been having large phases in the 21st century, such as Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings and of course Twilight.
    July 16th, 2009 at 02:42pm
  • i personally love bill and sookie more than bella and edward
    July 13th, 2009 at 04:38pm
  • There are some good and some bad vampire novels out there.

    I prefer the Vampire Academy series and the House of Night series mostly. Mainly because they, in a way, seem to be kind of like real life, but the kids aren't human, they're vampires.

    I think that the idea of putting vamps in stories are getting rather old, but every now and again, there's the occasional good one that can keep readers hooked.
    July 9th, 2009 at 03:39am
  • I think it's wrong to give Twilight all of the credit. Yes, it's produced many obsessed "fangirls," but it certainly hasn't started it all... I, myself, prefer Vampire Kisses over Twilight. It's much more realistic. I will agree that Twilight created a crazy, maybe a trend...
    July 7th, 2009 at 09:24am
  • lol I'm reading the 'House Of The Night' Series right now and I freakin' love it... And I have written a short story in vampires cause I was bored. ^^ What you're saying here is really interesting and true. People now a days (Mostly girls and the occasional boy) are really getting into this vampire thing.
    July 7th, 2009 at 09:07am
  • Woo! Go Sookie and Bill! xD
    Vampire Achademy is also a really good Vamp. book.
    July 7th, 2009 at 08:54am
  • if you really think about it and really go back Dracula was the book to start the vampire craze.

    Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles are amazing. movies are on the fence.

    The Anita Blake Vampire Series was was really got me into vampires. the comic books are awesome. there is also talk of a movie which might just be a disappointment if they get any of the characters wrong. not recommneded for pre-teens though.

    I like the Twilight series. i think its good for pre_teens.

    i also agree with Havoc H.U. Army. it gives people something to talk about and it gives people something to believe it. i can have full on discussions with my family about vampires.

    between Anita Blake and Twilight i go for Anita Blake more because it is a longer series and each book is a different story.
    July 7th, 2009 at 04:33am
  • And all of them suck..
    I swear Anne Rice is the only one who who could write a good horror novel -.-
    July 7th, 2009 at 04:17am
  • I find the entire Vampire craze to be stupid and entirely too drawn out.
    July 6th, 2009 at 11:53pm
  • Like any good trend, the Twilight Saga was great in the beginning, but then came the saga part of it. I find it really hard to make a good, believable vampire out of a book series. I'm a fan of the Morganville vampires; even though the writing isn't all that amazing, the vampires themselves are ruthless killing machines. Lestat will always be my favorite next to Louis, and Dracula totally beats out Edward.

    I think the idea of vampires being sensual instead of blunt neck-chewers, came by the myth that they have the power to conquer minds and lure their prey. It makes for a better story if they [i]are[/i] as beautiful as chiseled stone, right? Generally authors didn't write much of vampires behind Anne Rice, not in the mainstream anyway. And once teens got ahold of fluffed Twilight, it flourished, urging writers to find success in vampires. Eventually the trend will fizzle out. Vampires are eternal, not trends.
    July 6th, 2009 at 11:38pm
  • Um Twilight did not start this whole Vampire craze. Infact, I'd like to say that it has ruined the way that we have traditionally thought of vampires.

    It's great that Stephenie Meyer tried to make up her own type of vampires but most of us would rather keep them the way that they had been brought about years before "Twilight" ever even started.
    July 6th, 2009 at 09:30pm
  • sensual* lol woops... Typos suck.
    July 6th, 2009 at 08:07pm
  • Reading some of the other comments has reminded me: Vampires are being made into sex idols. Honestly? Seriously? Things that drink your blood and/or kill you, being sexy and senxual? I understand where you can think that; blood is the life liquid and sharing it with someone can be a very "sexy" thing, but this has all gone too far.
    Has anyone here read Stephen King's [i]'Salem's Lot[/i]? It is, by far, the best vampire story ever written. They are dark, mysterious, creepy, frightening beyond imagination, and they only communicate with people when they want to be invited indoors to suck you dry. THAT is real vampire literature. THAT is what should be publicized. Not Twilight, where the characters are not only dull and predictable, simple and boring, but lacking structural definition.
    July 6th, 2009 at 08:05pm
  • You say vampire books are taking over the world. Okay, I have to agree with you on the fact that they are becoming much more popular, mostly due to Bella and Edward. (gag)
    But what about all the other books and genres and creatures out there? The world is already taken over by books about sex, books about war, books about teen angst. Honestly, Twilight is just a phase of society. Complaining about its popularity is like complaining about the popularity of texting. It's popular, everyone who has a phone is doing it, and it becomes addicting. Big woop. Society is advancing, people are coming up with different ideas, and I can pretty much guarantee that within the next year, there will be another, different book craze. Who knows, maybe it'll be science fiction!
    Personally, I'm tired of hearing about Twilight, in good light or bad.
    July 6th, 2009 at 08:01pm
  • I sorta like Twilight, but the characters are... I don't know, too similiar to Anne Rice's characters for my taste, and Anne first publushed Interview with the Vampire in the 70's and... yeah. That's just my opinion and kinda killed Twilight for me, lol.
    July 6th, 2009 at 07:46pm
  • I first read Twilight in '07, and I thought it was kinda good, I kept reading till the middle of Eclipse. I don't like the books anymore, I think that the movie actually kind of 'ruined' the books for me, I do not find 'Edward' (Robert) attractive in any way. People need to stop over exploiting the poor actor just because they think he's hot. I just don't enjoy these anymore. :/
    July 6th, 2009 at 06:13pm
  • Anita Blake, Anne Rice, Buffy, The Historian. I'd like to see everyone of those 'Vampire Lovers' read and watch that.

    Anita Blake has a book series and a comic book.

    Buffy has a movie, tv show, book series, and comic books. Not to mention a spin off, which also has comcs. While on this subject. The first and original 'VEGETARIAN' vampire was ANGEL, not because he chose to, but because he had a soul. Then came SPIKE, first because of a chip, then because of his soul.

    Anne Rice has a book series too.

    The Historian, okay it takes me about 1-2 to read a book the size of Breaking Dawn. The Historian is smaller, and the pages are literally Bible thin. That took me two weeks to read. And I read it everyday at any free time I had.

    The Twilight thing I could go through those books in a matter of two days. I refuse to watch the movies because they picked such horrible actors.

    What happened to Circe du Freak, Dracula, Vampire Academy, Queen of the Damned, Lost Boys, etc!?
    July 6th, 2009 at 06:12pm
  • The 'Twilight craze' , in my opinion, is kind of...stupid. Vampires are killing machines, they aren't supposed to sparkle. They hunt you in the night and suck your blood until you have none. There are no [i]vegetarian[/i] vampires. Or atleast there were none.

    What happened to the evil, bat creatures we all came to know?
    July 6th, 2009 at 01:25pm