Bourne Again

Bourne Again Former Busted and Son of Dork member, James Bourne is currently working on his solo album, under the name ‘Future Boy’ and recording songs with Ollie Kinski as the band ‘Call Me When I’m 18.’

Bourne was the main song writer and founder of Busted, and the same with Son of Dork. Bourne has also written several songs with hit band, McFly, and many songs for artists such as MC Lars, Eoghan Quigg, and The Jonas Brothers.

James has announced that the Future Boy album is ‘not a rock album. It is 100% electronic” apart from the tiny part of guitar on ‘Want Me Like That’ which can be found on the Future Boy Myspace. The first single off the eleven track unnamed album is said to be ‘Karate on my heart’ which has been recently played on Japanese radio, but is still awaiting its release else where in the world.

Call Me When I’m 18 are said to be in the middle of recording their album, but have previewed such songs as ‘Dumbstruck,’ ‘Go Home Monday,’ and ‘Break It’ via Myspace. Several of the songs recorded where originally for Son of Dork, but were never recorded after the band split.

Both Future Boy and Call Me When I’m 18 albums are due for 2009.

Not only is 2009 going to be an excellent year for the Busted member musically, but also on stage. Bourne has written a musical based on the Son Of Dork album “Welcome To Loserville” named ‘Loserville: The Musical.’ The musical will follow the album, and is based on the character Michael Dork, who is bullied by the popular guy at school, Eddie, and is crazy in love with the new girl Holly. Such characters as Eddie and Holly are named in Son Of Dork songs, and the musical slogan is a lyric from the song ‘Slacker’ which is ‘I guess it really pays to be a slacker

It’s safe to say, 2009 is going to be Bourne’s year, much to the delight of Busted fans.

Future Boy Twitter.
Call Me When I'm 18 Twitter.

Latest articles