Dance Craze

Dance Craze "My Dougie, my Dougie." "Watch me crank dat batman, watch me crank that batman." "Soulja boy up in dis oh..." Do you recognize these dance crazes? How about the ones from your parents times?

It all started with simple dances like the "funky chicken" and the "mashed potato", but it now has elevated to sometimes very complex dance routines. Can you jerk? What doing the Roy or the Soulja Boy? Or could take it old school and do the "kick 'n' play" made famous by the group named kid 'n' play.

For a long time it seemed as if all the newer dances include little to no movement, such as the shoulder lean and the lean back. Then came Soulja Boy with his detailed dance routine and the dance crazes seemed to spark in a turn for the better.

Out of some of the newest dance crazes include, Roy, My Dougie,You're A Jerk,Crank Dat Batman, and all of the Crank Dat dances. Now while many may have fallen through the cracks of detailed dance routines (such as the Marco Polo, Pop,Lock,and Drop It) there is a constant theme, these all about showing who is better than the rest, To see if someone can do the dances better than next. Which, consequently, sparks a large group dance.

Luckily, though, the old school dances such as the Electric Slide, the Cha-Cha Slide, and the kick 'n' play are still alive and well, so when you feel the urge, go out and dance.

Latest articles