Former Panic! At The Disco Members Announce Band Name

Former Panic! At The Disco Members Announce Band Name It’s been almost a month since Panic! At The Disco split because of creative differences, Ryan Ross and Jon Walker have finally announced the much anticipated name of their new band. The two members have announced that they will be now playing under the name The Young Veins.

We’re going with the Young Veins,” Ross wrote about the new band name, “I hope you’ll check us out.

Ross and Walker said that for a time they were thinking about naming the band The Guts but had later decided that the band name was too punk for their liking and decided to change the name. The duo later settled with the name The Young Veins.

But the duo didn’t stop at the announcement of the band name, on Ross’ twitter he had announced that on July 28 both the band name and the duo’s first single would be released. Walker released a tweet on July 28 with the link to their MySpace page and the name of their new single. The single was named Change.

Both sets of Panic! At The Disco members have released their new singles on the same day. Brendon Urie and Spencer Smith released their new single called New Perspective promptly on the day that has been scheduled. Much controversy had been raised since the duo made the announcement of releasing the single the same day as their former band mates. Many people say Ross and Walker should have chosen a different date for their release, but maybe it had been planned all along? No one can answer that question just yet.

You can hear the new single of The Young Veins here.

Latest articles