The Return of My Chemical Romance

The Return of My Chemical Romance Shortly before taking off to perform at the Summer Sonic Festival in Japan, My Chemical Romance scheduled to appear for a two-night gig at The Roxy, in West Hollywood, California. The shows, (the first on Friday, July 31st, and second, Saturday August 1st) were special intimate concerts for some few hundred lucky fans that won tickets via a competition sponsored by KROQ.

The band played a little over an hour long set along with an additional three songs for an encore. Mixed in with with their music from previous albums, there were also a few new songs played including, Death Before Disco!, rumored to be the band's first single off of their upcoming album.

A short blog from the band's official website written by Jeff Watson says,
"We knew a lot of the LA fans weren't able to get into last night's show at The Roxy, so for tonight's show, Saturday the 1st, we're gonna let fans come in on a first come, first served basis. People who got their confirmations will get in first, but line up at 6 PM and we'll try and get you in!"

Any fans in that area had better start lining up pronto if you want to get in.

Shortly before taking the stage Friday night, the band's bassist Mikey Way twittered his excitement to the fans following him.
"From the sound of practice last night, tonight shall we legendary. I miss you crazy f-ers! Let's do this!"

And a short thank you was posted this morning by the band's lead guitarist, Ray Toro on the official website.
"To everyone who came Friday at the Roxy. You made us feel great. We were really nervous about playing cuz its been awhile, you guys and gals helped us not miss a beat! Thanks again, and see you tomorrow!"

After the band's final performance at the Roxy, they are Japan-bound to play the Summer Sonic starting August, 7th in Tokyo. It's official everyone, the boys of My Chemical Romance have returned!

Sources:
Official website
Buzznet.com

Latest articles