Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 Rob Zombie’s upcoming American horror film, Halloween 2, is just only 20 days from being released in theatres everywhere!

The newest creation from Zombie, it being the sequel to his 2007 remake of the original 1978 phenomena Halloween, takes place right after the sequence of events Zombie’s Halloween left off at, focusing especially on the toll it took on Laurie Strode, portrayed by Scout Taylor-Compton. Also returning to their respective roles are Malcolm McDowell and Tyler Mane, who will once again play Dr. Samuel Loomis and Michael Myers.

After finishing filming his original creation of Halloween, Zombie was once again approached by the Weinstein brothers as well as Malek Akkad to produce a sequel to the 2007 hit. Originally turning it down, citing he had no energy left to make another Halloween film, Zombie decided to give it a try and began writing a script for the sequel, choosing to try and focus more on the connection between Laurie and Michael and giving us the idea that just like Michael, Laurie too may have some psychological problems of her own.

The premise of the film, stating that Michael is returning to Haddonfield to bring closure to the secrets of his past, suggests Michael is returning once again to finish what he started, leading us to believe he has returned to murder the only two survivors of his attack in the 2007 original; that being Annie Brackett (Danielle Harris) and Laurie Strode. The premise also states that an unlikely individual steps up finally put an end to Michael. This leads us to believe that either Dr. Loomis or his own sister Laurie will be the person to finally put an end to his madness.

Who knows? Maybe an even unlikelier person will show up to put an end to it. Could it possibly be Deborah Myers (Sherri Moon Zombie), who was thought to have committed suicide in the 2007 original? I guess those of you who are reading this will never actually know unless you go see it. I know me being a diehard Halloween fan ever since I saw the original 1978 version can definitely say that I will be attending the midnight showing of H2 when it opens everywhere on August 28.

If anyone would like to see the official trailer of H2, you can check it out here, and I hope everyone goes out to see it when it hits theaters and supports the movie that is bound to be the number 1 horror movie of 2009!

Latest articles