Trace Cyrus, Not Respected For Voicing His Thoughts?

Trace Cyrus, Not Respected For Voicing His Thoughts? For all we know, Trace Cyrus might not be so wrong about Jonas Brother’s “Fake Image”.

On Augst 14, the 20-year-old singer said, "I'm not trying to clean my image to make anyone happy. I could have gone the route of the Jonas Brothers. Those guys can't live their lives freely. They have to put out this image that's totally fake."

Rumor has it that he didn’t just aimed at the three brothers, but his own sister, Miley Cyrus.

There would naturally have been number of outrages fans jumping into a conclusion that they hate Trace Cyrus. The question is, have they thought through his words?

The Jonas Brothers are now all adults, how come every of their image is clean-cut and nothing too scandalous? Aren't they human beings? Do we really know them as their media image? Just because Trace chooses to point out that the Jonas Brothers' image are a complete fake, doesn’t mean that we have a right to hate him. This is called freedom of speech, he chose to point out a fact. Fact is; every singer, actor, or celebrity has to put out a fake image of some sort, to some degree. Do you believe that Kevin, Joe and Nick are complete innocents who has never made a drug/sex/alcohol/thievery mistake that could change their whole reputation? I, having Jonas Brothers as a guilty pleasure and having only remembered Trace's name from news, don't. Just as I don't believe Trace Cyrus is bad because he dresses himself with tattoos and piercings. In fact, I admire him for speaking up when he has a sister working in such an industry.

This is not to say that the Jonas Brothers are in any ways bad or good or even very fake, this is to say that they are human beings who grow up eventually and will sick of the image they put up. Because everyone has put up an image, and to see fans reaction to Trace’s comments, is to know that the fans aren’t ready to believe it.

This doesn’t mean that the fans are bad either, only some or even a majority acts completely immature to an insider’s comment instead of granting him the right to speak up. To prove this point, rants are still going on at most Jonas Brother’s fansites about how big and "ass-hole" is Trace for saying such a thing.

While we don’t know if Trace Cyrus comments are entirely true or false, we should respect his opinion. If not as a person, then as Miley Cyrus’s brother.

Latest articles