DJ AM Found Dead

DJ AM Found Dead On August 28 2009, DJ AM, a well known celebrity club disc jockey, was found dead in his apartment in New York City around 5:20 PM.

Reportedly, one of his friends claimed to not have heard from DJ AM - AKA Adam Goldstein - in a few days. He phoned his apartment and when he had no response, he decided the call authorities. The police went to his apartment and when no response came, they knocked the door down. Authorities had found Goldstein face down in his bed and lying amongst prescription drugs.

Goldstein had recently Twittered that he had just finished an MTV reality show about drug addiction.

Goldstein was in a plane crash with Blink 182 drummer, Travis Barker, in September in South Carolina. They were the only two survivors of the accident. Both had suffered from third degree burns. Four other had died from the crash.

Though the details the Goldstein's death are still unclear, authorities are looking into the possibility of a drug overdose. No foul play is suspected.

The family thanks everyone for their sympathy but wishes that everyone would please respect their privacy about Goldstein's death. Many celebrities had Twittered their shock about the death and left their condolences to his family.

In 2007, DJ AM had an interview with the New York Times about his addiction to crack cocaine. He recently admitted to giving up smoking.

"All that's left is caffeine", Goldstein stated.

He was thirty-six years old.

Latest articles