Tokio Hotel: Really That Bad?

Tokio Hotel: Really That Bad? Many fans are happy for the German rock group, Tokio Hotel, for breaking musical barriers and heading into American mainstream. Other fans are upset with what Tokio Hotel has become: popular. Often, I hear many fans ranting, "I heard them first, you just like them because they're popular, but I don't like them anymore." Is your favorite obscure band becoming successful, really a reason to hate them?

Fans are also getting worked up over Tokio Hotel's new look, Bill's new 'do in particular. Bill has dropped his trade-mark porcupine spike for dreadlocks, and Tom has has switched from dreads to cornrows. People are upset about this. Yes, it seems illogical to start disliking people for their haircut, but that's how teenage girls are these days.

Finally, the biggest problem fans are having with Tokio Hotel - they're making different music. What? What does that mean? Tokio Hotel is changing up their sound about, staying close to their rock roots, but getting a little electronic and doing some more pop. That's cool, why are people mad over that? People don't want their Tokio Hotel going mainstream, from what I've heard, they want them to keep to what they know. But let's face it: That would be boring, listening to the same tune, over and over. Don't be so hasty now to buy Tokio's new album, Humanoid, because you're grumpy about their changes, because really, is success in any way valid to hate a good band?

Latest articles