Edward Cullen: The Epitome of Prince Charming? - Comments

  • I agree with what you wrote. I'm also extremely glad to see that there are so many "Non-Twilighters". Also if anyone is interested I found this AMAZING parody book for Twilight (yes it actually is a book). Its called "TwiLite" and it shows everything Edward is (named Edweird in the book) that you stated in this article and how Bella (named Stella) just lets him walk all over her.
    November 8th, 2009 at 06:55pm
  • I have to agree. Edward kind of gave of a 'Stalker' vibe to me, and him and Bella definitely weren't my favorite characters in the book at all.
    Even though they were the main characters in the book itself.
    November 1st, 2009 at 07:06am
  • i totally agree with you!
    Edward is stalkerish and controlling.
    And when bella uses Jacob as backup i thought she was very whoreish
    October 31st, 2009 at 11:37pm
  • [b]AudenCliche[/b]
    This might have come off as stalkerish to me if Bella had cared that he did so, but she allowed him to come in every single time, so I'm not really bothered by this.
    October 30th, 2009 at 10:20pm
  • Have you read Vampirely on wordpress? You should.
    October 27th, 2009 at 10:37pm
  • Going along with perfectly imperfect, I do agree. I just think the book is not my style. I read and gave it a chance, but it just did not appel to me. Kind of sicky sweet love.
    October 24th, 2009 at 11:56pm
  • I read Twilight.
    I thought it was not the greatest book in the world. I did not hate it with a fiary passion, but Bella did not REALLY have a reason for falling in love with Edward. And the entire seires is kind of...cliche. Honestly, Edward is just like a lot of guys. Controlling, overprotective, and possesive. I really dont see how this book got so popular. It was just a sicky sweet, sugar-coated romance. There are a lot of worse things that could have happened than your boyfriend leaving you.
    October 24th, 2009 at 11:47pm
  • I hate twilight. its such a bad book.
    October 24th, 2009 at 05:16pm
  • I hate Twilight.
    I love you.
    October 23rd, 2009 at 08:17am
  • Oh my god, finally somebody has said something honest about that absolute excuse of a book. Thankyou. I hate Edward and I hate Bella even more; moreover I hate the fact that if Edward looked anything like his age everybody would want nothing to do with him. Everybody's obsession with Edward is nothing but appearanced based.
    October 22nd, 2009 at 06:53pm
  • I do agree some things were done out of caring and secrets.
    But even there's limits to certain things, keeping her away from Jacob? Telling her to lie to Charlie?
    I haven't been in thousands of relationships, but I've had my share, and I've dated controlling assholes that are very similar to Edward from my experience, and I've had my good runs.
    I know boyfriends are supposed to be caring and protective, but once again, there are limits to certain things, and when Bella becomes too depending of him, Edward takes full advantage of that situation, sometimes treating her as if she can't even walk without injuring herself, which is why I really disagree with the way Stephenie Meyer portrays her characters.
    October 22nd, 2009 at 06:09am
  • Alright, i'm not disagreeing with you. I know if Edward Cullen was real and came after me like that I'd get a restraining order... But what are you going on about?

    Half the things you said up there were to protect his secret. He's not a normal human being, even [u]you[/u] have to understand that. He lived his life for such a long time, always treating people and acting the same. Life was a routine for him and then this girl was thrown in. Someone who he couldn't control himself over. He was torn between saving this undesired 'attraction' and revealing his family's secret. He's harsh and rude to her in the beginning because [b]he wants nothing to do with her.[/b] But there's a magnet pulling him towards her and he doesn't know why. He can't understand and he's not perfect, he doesnt know what to do.

    The other stuff you complained about is simply him caring. I don't know what kind of relationships you've been in, or how old you are, maybe you can't understand. If someone is willing to [i]leave[/i] because they know theyll put your life in danger if they stay, that's some serious love right there. And if you can't see that, I guess you have some experiencing to do or something.

    To read something, [i]really[/i] read something, is to be able to become every single character and understand their thoughts and point of view. Obviously, something in your brain is preventing you from doing that. I dont know, or maybe your one of those people who despise things that are so popular because they desperately try so hard to be a nonconformist.

    But if you really have to try so hard, you fail.
    October 22nd, 2009 at 04:11am
  • I agree he is a jerk face. I just want the Whylight fad to go away so people will stop talking shit about Harry potter I mean hello it is waaaay better written and beloved.
    October 21st, 2009 at 11:24pm
  • to perfectly imperfect;

    I agree 100% with you so don't think I'm trying to disprove you.
    I would like to know what you think about Edward sneaking into her bedroom and watching her sleep?
    October 21st, 2009 at 01:40am
  • This whole team Edward and team Jacob thing has gone way out of control...
    girls that compare each guy to Edward... you're crazy he's a character. don't let it rule your life.
    I'm afraid to say it rules some of my friends... and it's getting to me.
    Guiltily... i think Jacob is better for Bella but she made her choice w/the vamp that doesn't drink human blood...how lame! Plus let ask you would you rather have a boyfriend that's controlling because he thinks you can't do things on your own or a boyfriend that supports you?
    People hating Twilight...don't worry this whole trend will end like any other trend.
    October 21st, 2009 at 12:19am
  • I COMPLETELY AGREE.
    October 20th, 2009 at 06:40am
  • I totally agree with your opinion :)
    October 19th, 2009 at 08:19pm
  • I love you. I honestly love you. I always hated that character
    October 19th, 2009 at 07:54pm
  • i hate twilight
    October 18th, 2009 at 06:44pm
  • I Wish People Would Overcome Twilight. -_-

    And Edward Is A Creepy Character.
    October 16th, 2009 at 09:38pm