Boyzone Star Dies

Boyzone Star Dies Stephen Gately, singer of Irish band Boyzone, was found dead while holidaying in Majorca on Saturday 10th October. He was just 33 years old.

A friend of Gately's told the newspaper: "It looks like he went out for a few drinks, then got back, fell asleep and never woke up."

X Factor judge, and the manager of Boyzone, Louis Walsh told a local newspaper: "We're all absolutely devastated. I'm in complete shock. I was only with him on Monday at an awards ceremony. We don't know much about what's happened yet.

Gately's remaining band members, and close friends - Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham - will be flying to Palma, Majorca on Sunday 11th October to work out what they need to do next.

Ronan Keating, who was a close friend of Gately, has been left devastated by the news. Keating saw him as a brother.

Gately, who revealed he was gay ten years ago, leaves behind his husband, Andrew Cowles whom he married in a civil union in March 2006.

On the band's official website, a statement confirmed his death: "Stephen tragically died yesterday whilst on holiday with his partner Andrew in Majorca. The rest of the boyz will be flying out today."

Latest articles