Adam Lambert's AMA Performance As Risque as People Say?

Adam Lambert's AMA Performance As Risque as People Say? Sunday night marked this year’s American Music Awards. Adam Lambert, the winner last season’s American Idol, performed his new single, “For Your Entertainment”, at the end of the show, with a stage full of backup singers and dancers, as well as stage props for the set. However, it isn’t all that that has people talking about his performance.

For the last two days, it’s been all over the Internet: Adam Lambert’s AMA performance was “too risqué”, or “too controversial” for television. The Parent’s Television Council was outraged, claiming that there hundreds of people that called in complaining about the graphic nature of the performance. And now, ABC has canceled Adam Lambert’s appearance on Good Morning America, where he was scheduled to perform a song and then proceed with an interview. Instead, Lambert is going to perform for CBS and do his interview there.

But there are several things many people are forgetting, or choosing to ignore. The first being that Lambert’s performance was at the very end of the show; the American Music Awards were aware of the nature of the song, and most likely knew what Lambert was planning on doing during the performance as well. That being said, the performance itself didn’t even begin until around 10:50 on the West Coast on a Sunday night. Most children that would be too young to watch the performance would have been in bed by the time Lambert took the stage. The second thing people are ignoring is the fact that rapper Eminem took the stage before Lambert, and sang a much more inappropriate song.

Eminem’s song, “Crack A Bottle”, which he performed at the AMA’s, include lyrics such as “Uh oh, uh oh, bitches hopping in my Tahoe” and “I’ll be damned, just f*cked around and crashed my Benz”, is a far more offensive song choice than Adam Lambert’s song. But everyone is ignoring the fact that not only did he perform that song, but also another, called “Forever” which is equally as vulgar and offensive.

With that in mind, I leave it to you: Was Adam Lambert’s American Music Performance really as controversial as everyone is claiming it was?

Latest articles