Adam Lambert's AMA Performance As Risque as People Say? - Comments

  • I don't like Adam. I just cannot stand his voice. I didn't mind his perfomance at all. In fact, I found it kind of funny. Two men kissing is probably not the cause for that but the fact he faked a blowjob on stage at an awards show. It seems a bit much for an award's show. If it was elsewhere, it probably wouldn't have mattered but he took his performance a bit far.

    This has been blown out of proportions. By Adam's fans and by the people objecting to it. People need to calm down. Adam shouldn't have faked a blowjob at an award's show. He should have saved it for someplace else that was not the AMA's. Did anyone else notice how much other things Adam was doing but the kiss? It probably wasn't about the kiss at all but the fact he faked a blowjob or something else he was doing. He did kind of take his performance just a bit too far. But everyone needs to calm down.
    November 26th, 2009 at 03:18am
  • Uhm, Adam didn't win..............
    November 26th, 2009 at 03:00am
  • I haven't followed Adam from his start on American Idol, but I'm still a fan.

    I think he did get out of hand, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.
    November 26th, 2009 at 02:49am
  • I can't stand Adam Lambert. Isn't his 15 minutes up already?

    & I just wanna say that Eminem's lyrics have always been like that, and that's why it's not as big of a deal. He is known for his vulgar lyrics, it's not a surprise to anyone anymore.
    November 26th, 2009 at 02:27am
  • I was entertained, but he wasn't exactly top notch that night. He's sang a lot better at other times.
    November 26th, 2009 at 01:41am
  • It is such a terrible thing because it was two men. If it were two women (cough Britney and Madonna) it wouldnt be bad/offensive. < note the sarcasm.
    I liked the performance. He mentioned something about wanting to shock the audience, and he accomplished that.
    November 26th, 2009 at 01:39am
  • First off, I'm a huge Adam fan. And I agree with what everyone says on here, for the most part. They probably knew what he had planned, and that's why they put him last. It's simply too late for children to be watching that, and why would they even be watching it anyways? That's what cartoons are for. I think people are taking it too far, I mean, look at Rihanna and Lady Gaga...they hardly wear anything...and they dance very...sexually, I mean, come on watch them! But it's whatever, critics are going to talk, people are going to talk. It's just the way things work. All I care about is the fact that he's not backing down, and he shouldnt. And it should be about his music, because really, that's what he was there for anyways, right? :)
    November 26th, 2009 at 01:15am
  • Thank you Sardonic Grin!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking about. I don't care if he was gay, striaght, or an alien from outerspace! I've been in outrage over the crap no one mentions that women music artists are allowed to do! This is just the first time someone's been in agreement with me! Hell! I haven't seen one female pop-singer stick her fingers into the croch of a dancer's pants either!
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:50am
  • I actually think not everyone is angry about the two men kissing. More so than the fact he STIMULATED A BLOWJOB. And if I remember, there was outrage over the Madonna and Britney kiss as well.
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:42am
  • Who remembers Madonna kissing Britney Spears? That got big publicity but it wasn't seen as anything offensive. The public and media are just being ridiculous because it's two men.

    Good on you Adam Lambert.
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:41am
  • thank you! people are making such a big deal out of this. if it wasn't for him being (not really sure how to be politically correct here, so sorry ahead o' time.) gay, then people wouldn't be making such a big deal about it. same thing if it had been a woman.
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:36am
  • Yes it was!!!

    I didn't like when other "artist" were blantantly vulgar in lyric or dance, never have and never will. The crap saw happen in Lambert's porno--I mean "dancing"--should stay off of public television. Even if it was after 10:00PM children are still going to be awake. Either because thier parents didn't care, they were sick, or they begged for a little more time or weekend home work. It isn't the 1970's were kids still had a strict bedtime! Besides, that performance, whatever he was singing, was just plain distasteful. I'm surprised I was able to keep my lunch down!

    Respect the stage man! And TV!
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:36am
  • Adam lambert is just doing a disservice to himself. Tell me, does anyone really remember what song he even sang? 90% of the people who watched the performance doesn't even remember what he sang. They jsut remember what crazy shit he did.

    Also, it has nothing to do with being gay. Michael Buckly who is a gay youtube celeb said he didn't like the performance either because it mad absolutely no sense and had nothing to do with the song.
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:20am
  • I am SO annoyed,I didn't think that Adam's performance was THAT bad,and I agree with you on the Eminem thing! he was worse then Adam but noooo they just HAD to pick on Adam. I think it was a tad unfair that they cancelled his performance and what kid watches tv at 10 pm on a Sunday night? like really.. and plus..Madonna and Britney kissed a few years back..I dont think people should make a big deal if they didnt have freak over that but when Adam does it with a guy,everyone goes nuts. And I will agree that some of the tihngs on stage were innapropriate but I still think people shouldnt go bananas over it like its not like hes a rolemodel or something for little kids.. unlike some popstars that I will not name [MILEY CYRUS].

    So anywho..I think poeple should just forgive and forget.. its annoying now D<*ducks for the people that will bitch at me in the future*
    November 26th, 2009 at 12:01am
  • Personally, I think the risque-ness of it would have been fine had it not been for that many people.

    At a concert, it probably would have been cheered on. Just not at the AMA's, where there are much more likely to be people that protest.
    November 25th, 2009 at 11:17pm
  • Thank you for writing this article! If they didn't want to watch it, change the damn channel.
    November 25th, 2009 at 11:16pm
  • The performance alone was fine. But absolutely not for an awards show. Shoving someones face in his crotch and making out with someone like that... I don't think gay or straight matters. Nor does the time of the performance. It was still on live television during an awards show and that's why it was wrong and people had every right to complain.

    Had that same performance been at a concert it would have been fine. Just not for an awards show.
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:54pm
  • Oh, and sorry for the double post, but seriously- I'd have a problem with that even if he was straight. If you run up to your keyboard player and spontaneously make out with them, I'm going to question the performance. Just saying. I'm not saying that any of these pop princesses are any better, they're just as bad.

    It's just... media in general today. And it's very unfortunate that this is what it's come to.
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:26pm
  • Simulating a blow job and making out with a bandmate isn't okay, especially when it wasn't even discussed or planned beforehand. Saying the F word and rapping vulgar words is still wrong, don't think that I accept that, but seriously...

    It wasn't on at 11 on the east coast, was it? Do the east coast little kids not count now? And really, I was watching it and I felt a little disturbed and uncomfortable. It's not acceptable, nor should anybody believe that it is.
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:22pm
  • Simulating oral sex vs. dropping the f bomb. Which one are people more used to?
    Not that I care or anything because the performance itself sucked really bad, but I don't particularly think that the things he did were necessary or appropriate. I think he just did it to be immature and to get in trouble.
    November 25th, 2009 at 10:19pm