Adam Lambert Speaks About AMA Performance - Comments

  • Britney, Madonna and Christina didn't make out on stage. They barely kissed briefly, they didn't attempt to suck each other's face off. Moreover, it's customary for good girl friends (two words) to kiss each other often, at least on the cheek, where as I've never see two male friends kiss each other regardless of how long they've been friends with each or how well they get along. Nobody thought there was anything between Britney, Madonna and Christina, everyone realized it was just part of the performance because it was done in that way, with Adam Lambert it was different. You expect, dunno, MCR or Green Day to make out on stage and be all outrageous, but they've never done it on tv shows with a broad audience. I suspect it has a bit to do with how much they respect both their audience and the people organizing the shows.

    Not that I'm saying that so much should have been done of it in any way, but that there's a little more into it than just the fact that he's gay. Adam Lambert is free to try to be a male version of Lady Gaga, but he shouldn't expect everyone to respect him for it and be all omggghe'sfightingagainstdiscriminationsooocoollll, I personally believe there are much better ways to fight against homphobia.
    December 2nd, 2009 at 02:07pm
  • I don't like the fact that someone isn't allowed to dislike him or his performance without being called a homophobe. His singing that night was just horrible and he was trying too hard to get noticed instead of letting his talent do the talking. End of.
    December 2nd, 2009 at 12:39pm
  • I am so tired of hearing about Adam Lambert.
    Get over him. Please.
    December 2nd, 2009 at 12:31pm
  • I shall added to list of sluts, next to Queen sluts and her stupid followers. I personally don't think its a big deal but his performance was rubbish and song is not at all good. It the kiss that made it something report worth. Therefore he just bad as the female fame skeaker. I think ok for him to show his sexuality but kiss on stage live is bit well, whatever. He should just go with the same sex releationships in his vids
    December 2nd, 2009 at 11:41am
  • I agree with him completely. If Britney, Madonna and Christina are allowed to make out with each other on stage and other stars are allowed to flaunt themselves so promiscuously then I really don't see the problem in Adam and other men doing so as well.
    People just need to accept that everyone is entitled to their own decisions and even if he thinks he took it too far he shouldn't be ashamed of what he did!
    Good on you Adam xx :)
    December 2nd, 2009 at 10:23am
  • I agree. There shouldn't be anything wrong with a man doing that while women can.
    I'm disgusted by the amount of complaints he recieved! I didn't think his performance was even that provocative - it was the kiss that pushed all the homophobes over the edge. (:
    December 2nd, 2009 at 10:19am
  • I think it's great he's trying to break the mold. If women can act like that on stage, why can't men?
    December 2nd, 2009 at 10:11am