Weezer Bus Crash Hospitalizes Rivers Cuomo

Weezer Bus Crash Hospitalizes Rivers Cuomo Early on the morning of December 6th, forty miles west of Albany, New York, a Weezer tour bus spun out of control after driving over a patch of ice. The bus remained upright, but it plunged 8-10 feet off road, tossing the passengers around on the inside of the vehicle, injuring two of the five people.

The bus contained Rivers Cuomo, singer and frontman of the band, along with his wife and daughter, the nanny and an assistant.

Cuomo's wife, Kyoko, and the assistant, Sarah, fell five feet from their respective bunks. While his wife escaped injury, Sarah sustained a fractured lower vertebrae and two fractured ribs. The singer's daughter was safe in her crib, as was the nanny, who slept on a bunk near the floor. However, Cuomo, who was in the back lounge of the bus, was pitched around violently, cracking three ribs and sustaining minor-but-painful internal damage, as well as a lower leg injury.

The inside of the bus after the incident was described by a post on Weezer's Facebook account as "a chaotic mess with broken glass, smashed glasses and plates, food and clothing items strewn everywhere, as well as the refrigerator flying off the wall and many drawers coming right out of their slots, spewing their contents everywhere."

EMT's soon transported Cuomo and his assistant to a local hospital. While the assistant was soon discharged, Cuomo was sent to a larger area hospital, where he is still under observation. At this point, surgery seems unlikely.

Due to the incident, the rest of the band's December tour, meant to promote their latest album, Raditude, has been canceled.

Latest articles