Cyrus Disagrees With Parenting

Cyrus Disagrees With Parenting We all talk about celebrities, no matter how young or old we are. Every single one of us has our own opinion on just about every aspect of their lives. So why can we sit around and talk about them all day long and not get reprimanded for it, when Miley Cyrus, someone people frequently mention, gets repeatedly downed for stating her own opinion?

Cyrus was doing an interview in Dublin, Ireland when she said she disagrees with Angelina Jolie and Madonna in the way they allow their kids to be on camera all the time. I would like to know where people get the idea that this makes her a loud-mouthed seventeen year-old in need of a reality check.

Some people argue the point that she was put into the spotlight at an early age. Well, the earliest example I've seen or heard was from when she was nine. Being nine and being a baby are so different when it comes to something like this. When you're nine, you'll be able to remember things from before people were shoving cameras in your face. Jolie's and Madonna's kids won't have those memories.

I've also heard comments like "Where does she get off criticizing anyone's parenting....She's still a child herself, and has no idea of what's involved in raising children." Newsflash, people! Everyone is always criticizing other's parents because of their parenting! Who can honestly say they haven't?

And then there's the ever so popular "I hardly think her parents have been the best role models... Not only have they exploited her since she was a small child, but have we forgotten about the live-in boyfriend and the questionable photo shoot?" Now this one is actually quite hilarious to me. As I recall, she was covered throughout this, no matter what she was covered by. It makes me wonder if some people are truly that oblivious to the pictures much younger girls put up on their my space pages. Honestly, those girls could probably learn a thing or two from Cyrus.

About the live-in boyfriend, there are plenty of people who let their child's significant other move in. You'll say something about her doing it because you consider it wrong for someone that young, but a lot of you do it yourselves, or have family members that do, and don't think a thing about it just because of age. What happened to "age ain't nothin but a number"? I know grown men and women alike who act less mature than Cyrus.

I don't want people thinking I'm just some die-hard fan defending their idol. I personally am not even a fan at all. But I see people criticizing a teenage girl for speaking her mind, simply stating her opinion, and think how can people be such hypocrites? I want you to ask yourself; "Have I or anyone I know ever done something like this? Is it really all that different?"

I have said things like this. I know people who've said things like this. The difference is how many people hear about it, just because of how famous you are or aren't. I don't think it's right to criticize her for saying this because of age, sex or experience. She should be able to state her opinion without being lashed out at, because we aren't. We do the same things, but people view them differently. If that isn't wrong, then I don't know what is.

Latest articles