A Man Dies After Watching Avatar

A Man Dies After Watching Avatar Along with luscious 3D imagery, a worldwide gross of $1 billion and a famous director behind it, Avatar will be remembered for something else - the death of a Taiwanese man.

The 42 year old man has died of a stroke, presumably invoked by over-thrill from watching the movie, a doctor said.

The man, who previously had problems with high blood pressure, felt nauseous during the movie and later was taken to hospital. Mister Kuo was unconscious upon arriving to the hospital; a brain scan displayed haemorrhaging. Doctor Peng Chin-chih stated:

"It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms."

Eleven days later, the man died. Cause of death: the brain haemorrhage. Even though it’s not a kind of reputation that James Cameron would want, this is the first death connected to his movie, says the China Times newspaper.

The cases of depression, dizzines and headaches have been noted. Experts say it’s not only the effect of Avatar but any other 3D movie.

The movie gains more and more money as well as magnificent critiques each day. The news of the death ruffled the fans.

"I think this will definitely cause a sort of media uproar in offense toward Avatar. It's been so successful and critics have hated for simply that, but now they have another reason to", one fan wrote on an avatar dedicated forum.

Some even question the credibility of the news.

Latest articles