Pete Wentz To Leave Fall Out Boy

Pete Wentz To Leave Fall Out Boy As any Fall Out Boy fan knows, the band has been discussing an “indefinite hiatus” for a few months, talking about how the Blink-182 tour will be their last tour for awhile. All of the band members have begun starting side projects, while all stating that this is not the end of Fall Out Boy.

Until yesterday. On the afternoon of February first Pete posted a blog that most found confusing, to say the least. Several deciphered it as Pete leaving Fall Out Boy. Several had no idea what he was talking about. “Letting go of this giant part of my life has been hard. but i am convinced i will find something new that sparks me in a similar way.” Pete also cited Bronx as being a major turning point in his life.

Later that day, Pete decided to take to Twitter and answer five fan questions, where the point of the blog became very apparent. One of his replies to a fan was "imagine playing in fob again. something would have to change in my head or my heart - not my wallet. itd have to be real". Other statements were about why he felt this way.

The actuality was very evident in his words. This is most likely the end of Fall Out Boy as we know it. Fueled by Ramen/Decaydance fans were hit by a similar blow in mid-2009 when Panic! At the Disco went separate ways in July. Other Decaydance/FBR bands have been fractioning like an algebra class. The Hush Sound, Phantom Planet, Cute is What We Aim For and Forgive Durden fans have all been down this road before.

On February second, another blog was posted by Pete. He stated that the band had grown apart and while it wasn’t completely ruled out, he couldn’t see himself playing in the band again. He said it’s possible Fall Out Boy could go on without him or that he could even come back. So much for “believers never die”.

Sources:

Pete’s blog.
Pete’s Twitter.

Latest articles