Michael Jackson Autopsy Report Released

Michael Jackson Autopsy Report Released On June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson was pronounced dead. Now, the autopsy report of the King Of Pop has been released to the public. Some have waited anxiously for the report to be released so they can really find out how the King Of Pop died. There was a filing Monday against Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, on involuntary manslaughter.

The coroner has reported that Jackson died of acute Propofol intoxication after Murray administered a dose of the powerful anesthetic Propofol. Murray said he was using the drug to ease Jackson’s insomnia. However, an anesthesiology consultant hired for the autopsy said that, to their knowledge, there were no reports of this drug being used for insomnia relief.

"The only reports of its use in homes are cases of fatal abuse (first reported in 1992), suicide, murder and accident," said Dr. Selma Calmes.

"The standard of care for administering propofol was not met," she continued in her report. When Jackson was given the drug, there was no recommended equipment present.

Jackson called Murray to his home on June 25 at about 1 a.m saying that he was dehydrated and couldn’t sleep. Murray said he has been treating Jackson for insomnia for six weeks before to his death. The doctor also claimed that he was worried Jackson was becoming addicted to the drug and was trying to wean him off of it. Just two nights before Jackson’s death, Murray said he used a combination of drugs that were successful in helping Jackson sleep.

This autopsy report also included details of Jackson’s body at the time of his death. Jackson weighed 136 pounds and was 5’9. The report said he was extremely underweight for his frame. Also in the report, it stated that Jackson was suffering from chronic lung inflammation, respiratory bronchiolitis, diffuse congestion and patchy hemorrhage of right and left lungs.

But according to the autopsy report, propofol wasn’t the only drug found in Jackson’s system. The autopsy also found traces of lidocaine, diazepam, nordiazepam, lorazepam, midazolam and ephedrine in his blood. The report said that the amount of lorazepam found in his blood would have accentuated the respiratory and cardiovascular depression from propofol.

Along with finding these traces of drugs in his blood, the investigator also found that some of his ribs were broken. It is said that his ribs had been broken in the efforts to revive Jackson. Along with all of these things stated in the autopsy report, it also said that Jackson’s death was a homicide.

On Monday, there was an arraignment hearing for Murray. Murray pleaded not guilty to the charge of involuntary manslaughter. If Murray is convicted, he could face up to four years in prison. Dr. Bruce Cranner said prosecutors may have a good case against Murray if they can prove that he did not take proper precautions when he administered the drug to Jackson.

Latest articles