Avenged Sevenfold.

Avenged Sevenfold. Avenged Sevenfold is now in the studio recording their new album. The recording of it started before Jimmy's death, and they needed to take a break, after the loss of their dear friend, before they could finish album.

They got Mike Portnoy to fill in on the new album as the drummer. He was Jimmy's 'all time' favorite drummer, and that is why they chose him to finish recording with them.

Portnoy said that it would be an honor to record with them, and had much respect and adoration for Jimmy's drumming abilities.

M. Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ said 'Even though it will never be the same without our brother by our side, his essence lives in our hearts and through the music he helped create. He was a legend before any of the success or any of that bullshit and we are fucking excited to lay this down for our fans, and especially for Jimmy.'

As you can see finishing the recording of this album is not something that is an easy thing for the band to do. But, they feel, and know in their hearts that they need to atleast finish this album, for Jimmy. It's obvious that they are doing this for him since they got his favorite drummer, Mike Portnot, from Dream Theater to finish it with them.

Latest articles