Amy Winehouse Fashion Line Coming Soon

Amy Winehouse Fashion Line Coming Soon British "Rehab" singer Amy Winehouse is "Back to Black" and pink! The reputably preppy Fred Perry clothing company has teamed up with the beehived chanteuse to launch a fashion line due out in October 2010.

Winehouse attended three major meetings, set in place by couturier Perry and was closely involved in product style selection, application of fabric, color, and styling details. The end result: an outline for a 17-piece clothing and accessories collection centered around Gingham shirts, the Heritage Jacket (a light-weight jacket with snaps, hidden zipper pockets, and an elastic waist), and lots of raised collars. Original sketches, hand-drawn by Winehouse herself, have already started circulating. The sketches feature a fresh twinset (tight-fitting under-sweater with unbuttoned cardigan); slimming, thigh-skimming pencil skirts; capris, a mini bowling dress, and Fred Perry's signature polo shirt, mostly in black and pink.

"It's Amy all over," said a Fred Perry representative in a release, "Sharp, clever, sexy, lots of attitude, but stays true to the Perry aesthetic and unrivalled heritage, and remains instantly recognizable. "The company also said that Winehouse has been wearing their apparel for a long time; she's a true fan of the brand and has a great sense of style, making her an ideal collaborator. With all the collection pieces ranging from $32-$150, the company has high expectations for the line and has booked sequels for four consecutive seasons. The collection is only available in Fred Perry Authentic Boutique's and select wholesalers globally.

So what's to follow this exciting new achievement for Winehouse? Why signature eyeliner and hairspray, of course! Winehouse says she wants to help fans create an iconic look of their own, and what better way than making available to them the things she used to make her own?

Latest articles