Avenged Sevenfold Drummer's COD Released

Avenged Sevenfold Drummer's COD Released To some, December 28th, 2009 and the days that followed were completely normal. To others, it was one of the worst days lived by an Avenged Sevenfold fan. James Owen Sullivan, also known as The Rev, died. Since then, no one has known exactly how he died. Now, the truth has come out.

On June 9th, 2010, it was confirmed that Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal told Rolling Stone that Sullivan had died from an accidental prescription drug and alcohol overdose. He suffered an "acute poly-drug intoxication due to combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol.”

Oxycodone is a painkiller that substitutes for Codeine, Oxymorphone is a painkiller similar to Morphine, Diazepam/Nordiazepam are anxiety medications and ethanol is the intoxicant in alcohol. Sullivan had an enlarged heart, which was marked in the coroner's report as a condition that could have played a role in the drummer's untimely death. It is said that the Coroner's Department conducted quite a few tests to confirm this information.

Sullivan's private funeral was held January 6th, 2010 in Huntington Beach, California. Brian Haner Jr. (also known as Synyster Gates) delivered the eulogy and the attendees include the members of Avenged Sevenfold, Sullivan's wife and family, Bullet For My Valentine's Matt Tuck, ex-Pantera member Vinne Paul, and the members of My Chemical Romance and Buckcherry.

For more information, click here.

Latest articles