Bamboozle Roadshow Festival

Bamboozle Roadshow Festival I have to admit I wasn’t that excited about this concert. The only band I really wanted to see was Third Eye Blind. I also wasn’t too stoked about standing outside in the 98 degree sun with water being four-dollars a bottle. But I am addicted to music, so of course I went.

The first stage was really the unknown bands. Honestly, I don’t know why they were unknown because they were pretty stinking good. You have Cady Groves, who’s absolutely adorable and incredibly talented, Vita, who is the definition of sassyness, and Stereo Skyline, who are nasally but oh so amazing to look at. I strongly encourage you to look these people up because they are amazing.

The bigger stage, of course, had the bigger bands. Forever the Sickest Kids opened and honestly I wasn’t expecting them to be good. I kinda hate their new album but I was happy that they played all of their old songs. They were super fun. And the suggestive air humping and eyebrow wiggling made me love them all the more.

Simple Plan and Good Charlotte came up after and gosh do those boys know how to get a crowd going. They met all of my expectations and higher. And even the parents were singing along.

But queue the screaming twelve year olds! Boys Like Girls was next! I kinda went to stand in the back for them. I was afraid of being trampled by adolescents wearing too short shorts. But to my outstanding amazement, they put on a good show. A great one actually. Someone answer me, if Boys Like Girls is capable of screaming so heavenly, why don’t they put it in their songs? Or is it in their songs and I just don’t know it? Either way, they were great and I was soon forced to join the crowd when they sang their first hit The Great Escape. I’m gonna make a petition to make Boys Like Girls a screamo band, sign it?

My favorite was next! Third Eye Blind. Yes, they are old. Yes, they’re not as cute as some of the younger guys with their sextastic flippy hair, but I had the best time with them. Their music is classic and even though most of the crowd didn’t even know who they were, they were still getting into it.

I hope you guys pardon me for not staying for LMFAO. They were last and I wasn’t really feeling them. Everyone was sure excited for them though, and I’m sure they did great. I just don’t want to fall into the LMFAO crowd.

And I have to give a shout out to Streaker Records here. Props to you boys for taking a huge stamp and stamping half the girls there, including myself, in inappropriate places. You guys have guts. And because of that they sold so much crap that no one even wanted. Again, including myself. Sigh.

So there’s my experience. Yes, I got a sunburn worse than a lobster, I got flip flops throw at my head, I got stamped in places I won’t mention, oh and trampled getting in the gate, but in all fairness, It was THE BEST DAY EVER. Not quite, but it was super super fun.

Latest articles