Jamie Lynne Spears Announces Pregnancy

Jamie Lynne Spears Announces Pregnancy Jamie Lynne Spears, 16 year old younger sister of Britney Spears has confessed to OK! magazine that she is twelve weeks pregnant. The father is Spears's boyfriend, 19 year old Casey Aldridge. She would be expected to give birth around late spring, or early summer.

When she broke the news to her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, her mother was in shock, and did not want to believe it, but soon became very supportive, according to Jamie Lynne. Spears and her boyfriend were both shocked to find out the news. She says she is scared, but plans on keeping the baby, and plans to raise it in her hometown in Louisiana. She wants it to live a normal life.

Jamie Lynne is the star of Nickelodeon's Zoey 101, and has also starred in All That aired on the same station. She also starred in the 2002 movie Crossroads where she played the young Lucy Wagner, the main character whose adult role was played by her older sister, Britney.

A big question raised is what message does this send to young teen girls about premarital sex, and teen pregnancy? Also in slight controversy, is that it could be considered Statutory Rape (sex with a minor but with consent), seeing as the father is an adult, and she is still a minor.

Latest articles