Quizilla's Losses are Twitter's Gains

Quizilla's Losses are Twitter's Gains AUTHOR'S NOTE: This article is being written as the story develops. Some of the facts may prove to be wrong here, but remember, this is being written as the story unfolds.

Quizilla is a popular quiz and story website owned and operated by TeenNick, an offset of Nickelodeon that caters towards teenagers. Users, usually referred to as Quizillians, can post quizzes, such as What Flower are You? and tests like Do You Really Know Green Day? Quizilla is also a popular site for teenagers to post fan-fiction stories. It is one of the most popular sites for "bandfics," a type of fan-fiction where the main characters are members of bands.

But, on August 31st, 2010, Quizilla began what was called "sweeping" stories and quizzes, deleting anything that wasn't G-rated. After that was finished, Quizilla began redirecting users to neopets.com, and finally to MTV.com. Suffice it to say, Quizilla's users are furious with these developments. Many of them are taking to Twitter, the extremely popular social networking website, to voice their displeasure.

A Quizillian whose Twitter handle is Miss__Grumpy tweeted, "I am PISSED off with Quizilla. It keeps sending me to MTV.com..."

Futuremrsjaj wrote, "WTF happened to Quizilla.com?!"

Smilingsadie5 tweeted, "@MTV, What the hell did you do to Quizilla?"

But the most vocal protester in this appears to be LunaTinx.

Here are some of her tweets:

  1. Two hours ago: "GET YOUR STUFF OFF OF QUIZILLA! They are linking 2 neopets & a content editor is deleting anything 'unsuitable'.
  2. "Why would MTV do this to us? What does 'Music Television' have to do with stories polls and friendship. Modern music contains none of that."
  3. One hour ago: "Look at my latest retweet. That's a response from MTV to a Quizillian who lost her work."

MTV's message that Luna retweeted was: "@kristinebbyx3 Good luck writing your stories all over again!"

Kristinebbyx3 was obviously not happy to read that response.

Recently, Luna retweeted Smilingsadie5's tweet (listed above) and recommended everyone to back up their stories and quizzes. She wrote, "They are changing and deleting things. If you refresh the page enough you can get at your stuff. You should save it b4 its gone."

I, being a Quizillian myself, immediately went to back up my own stories, which I assumed I would post on Mibba. I managed to get one chapter. ONE CHAPTER of only ONE of my three stories posted.

As this is a developing story, I will continue to post with updates. After the story is resolved, this message will be deleted.

Latest articles