The Fall of Quizilla - Comments

  • Matt Sanders;

    Matt Sanders; (455)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I remember that I got my start on Quizilla before I had found Mibba! It was a place of memories for me and to see how much it has changed...it's ridiculous.
    April 15th, 2014 at 02:54am
  • bye gone

    bye gone (110)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I remember Quizilla. I posted stuff on there until I stumbled here and I moved most of my stuff here. That's been deleted now as the fourteen-year-old me wasn't the best writer and as my writing changed I took stuff down that I hadn't touched in awhile.
    October 6th, 2012 at 06:36am
  • kestralhawk7

    kestralhawk7 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Wink I was a Quizillian, but then i found this site by accident. I actually like this better, i still am trying to figure out how to get things posted, but i'm getting there. I still do log onto Quizilla from time to time, but only for my friends that i can only talk to on there. I actually like Mibba a lot better, it's got better variety to choose from and it gives you rating so you know what expect.
    September 21st, 2012 at 02:57am
  • Seven.Deadly.Bodies

    Seven.Deadly.Bodies (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    New Zealand
    Ex-Quizillian since 2007. I had a friend who wrote in Quizilla since it opened and had only discovered the joys of the Forums in 2008 when everything was whacked out. I moved here three years ago, disappeared and when I recently checked into Quizilla, I would say that it crashed and burned for me. I much prefer it here now, since it's a lot more stable compared to Quizilla. Mibba is my new home Mr. Green
    September 16th, 2012 at 08:44pm
  • Dulcis Somnium

    Dulcis Somnium (180)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Quizilla used to be pretty cool. I used to love customizing stories with layouts and everything but when that changed, it lost its appeal. My friend introduced me to Mibba and I've been using it ever since. Has everything that I loved about the old Quizilla with a better system. ^_^
    August 29th, 2012 at 01:04am
  • pulling teeth

    pulling teeth (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I used to make story layouts on Quizilla, way back when. lol. After the update, I couldn't do that any more. Story layouts were useless. I tried to finish the stories that I had on the website, but I had so much trouble with the new way Quizilla wanted everyone to upload their stories. It looked awful. Along this same point in time, I was working on a really old Macbook g4 laptop (I think..?) and had a lot of problems with the laptop itself. Keys weren't working any more, along with the space bar, and I just quit. I stopped going on Quizilla, and I was on a search for a new website to write stories. I thought about reposting some stories I wrote on Quizilla. However, after re-reading, I decided against it. I found this site in about 2007 or 2008, I don't really remember, and I absolutely love it. It is easy to use, even after the updates. It is very fun learning which members came to Mibba after Quizilla's downfall.
    August 29th, 2012 at 12:25am
  • tigermilk

    tigermilk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    my thirteen year old self sent quizilla a polite message asking to reconsider changing from the old to the new layout (it goes without saying i was very naïve then ahem) and they rewarded me by deleting my account without warning! before the mtv link stuff started, hhharrumph
    August 28th, 2012 at 04:13am
  • IrishSprings

    IrishSprings (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Quizzlia was totally my first love :( I was so sad when everything changed. I ended up following Ms.Marauder here and it was definatly a good move.
    August 27th, 2012 at 07:49pm
  • Alphadisaster

    Alphadisaster (110)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I must thank you for mentioning Trivium. We work hard to keep our site running. XD I'm a mod on there and happy to have it as a back up to my main posting on Mibba. :) So thank you again for mentioning us.
    July 10th, 2011 at 12:38pm
  • Narzisse Narcosis;

    Narzisse Narcosis; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Zimbabwe
    I ditched Quizilla 3 years ago, but I still find myself putting up fan-fic every once in a while because none of my older readers know how to find me other than on Quizilla. But, a lot of people whom I enjoyed reading stories from seem to be lost forever to me, because they're no longer on quizilla and their accounts have been deleted and I have no further contact information. So, it kind of sux.
    December 30th, 2010 at 10:39pm
  • I am Here

    I am Here (155)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I ditched Quizilla something like a year and a half ago, and haven't been back to check any of the new misahps it's been having. I followed an author from Quizilla to Mibba, and had a couple stories on Quizilla that were poorly wirtten, the early stuff, back before I really took writing too seriously, so they were almost literally, crap. At first I used Mibba to keep up with authors that had migrated from Quizilla, then after a while just stopped checking my Quizilla, stopped posting, everything. I literally moved everything to Mibba, everything good at least. And so now I use Mibba for writing and posting and socializing. And Mibba's easier to use and comment on stories and poems the way Quizilla never was.
    December 19th, 2010 at 09:16pm
  • LackOfCommonSense

    LackOfCommonSense (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I know with everything that has happened to quizilla and MTV BUT, what about Mibba? Most are using it as a social site instead of its actual purpose that was intended for it. There's nothing wrong with posting pictures and chatting to others and being friendly, but most don't ever get to writing something. But on the other hand some just use Mibba for reading. So you win some and you lose some.
    December 2nd, 2010 at 09:52am
  • Miss Tyranny

    Miss Tyranny (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    I used Quizilla for two years and became addicted to it when I found the wonders of the story section. And although most members have been registered since Quizilla's birth, I quickly attached to it. Soon, though, the magic of The Ultimate Stories list had faded. When Quizilla sent me to Mtv.com, I was so scared that the rumor of Mtv taking Quizilla over was true. I had heard about Mibba and a few other sites and decided to check them out. But I miss the way Quizilla wasn't too polished and actually felt like a real community with our own celebraties, neighbors, fans, friends. Writing.com, for example, turned me off right off the bat.

    But I still have hope for Quizilla, so I am still active on my newest account. Thank you for showing me a few other sites. I go on Mibba daily now, but it will never be like the improper-grammared and lemon-filled trash stories that make up Quizilla. It was my first creativity site, you know? It was my Twitter or Facebook.
    November 4th, 2010 at 09:03pm
  • Umburrr

    Umburrr (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I used to write on, and use Quizilla religiously, but every since the change back in 2006, I can't stand the site, it just doesn't work for me at all. I check back every now and again, but I've moved all of my writing worth moving to other places now, and there's no way that they can be veiwed there =/
    October 25th, 2010 at 09:25pm
  • Nowhere Boy

    Nowhere Boy (370)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    Canada
    When I got redirected to MTV I went around for writing sites. I only had one story on quizilla but I'm not too happy with it. So I found Mibba and absoutly loved it XD I still checked Quizzila out because there was a quiz I wanted to make. So now I just go to Quizilla for quizzes and polls but not stories. MIbba is for stories =D
    October 16th, 2010 at 05:16pm
  • Captain Rogers

    Captain Rogers (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    99
    Location:
    Antarctica
    (have to add more)
    Finding a real good fan fic was hard. Because back when I read them (and loved how they were written) it was always 'your name is the name you have now' or 'you decided to walk down the street with your nike's on' and I for one am guilty of writing like that. But now I wonder why I wrote like that, but ohhh good old Quizilla!
    October 11th, 2010 at 09:20am
  • Captain Rogers

    Captain Rogers (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    99
    Location:
    Antarctica
    Quizilla was the first story writing website I had join, I was 8 and now I'm 15, that's 7 years. I had made one friend on their that has to be my closest friend. I remember the layouts and everything, then once they did the clean out of the layouts on the stories/quizzes and their own profile I needed to look for a new place, I remember an old/ex-friend of mine goes on mibba so I decided to check the place out, and I've been here since I was 13 (2 years).
    October 11th, 2010 at 09:08am
  • lovestoriesofanangel

    lovestoriesofanangel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i have both a mibba and a quizilla account. So far, I think I like mibba because we can edit things in our chapters whenever we want to.
    October 7th, 2010 at 08:15am
  • wolfprince

    wolfprince (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I used to use Quizzilla, but the chapters kept messing up. I deleted chapter three out of frustation, and then added it again. But the old chapter three was still on the published product, so there were 2 chapter threes.
    October 4th, 2010 at 11:44pm
  • SNAPcracklePOP!

    SNAPcracklePOP! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I started on quizilla a few years ago when my friend got me into writing stories. I never like the content of the stories that were on quizilla. You really had to search to find a good story. I deffinatley didn't like the new quizilla, and I stopped using it. It was slow, and I didn't have the patients for it. My same friend then introduced me to Mibba and I love it. Mibba is way better than Quizilla. It's so much more organized here and easier to use. I hope Mibba never changes.
    September 29th, 2010 at 02:30am