Possible New Green Day Sideband Stirs Fans

Possible New Green Day Sideband Stirs Fans While their next album is not due out until 2008, rumours circulating around a possible new secret Green Day side project have caused much debate.

While it has not yet been formally announced, new band Foxboro Hot Tubs has sent Green Day fans into a near-frenzy, with claims that the band is made up of the three men, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool.

The new band have not released any official works in hard copy - instead, their songs have been downloadable in mp3 format from their official site. The six track album, Stop Drop and Roll bears much resemblance to 60's garage rock'n'roll, with vocals sounding similar to that of Armstrong.

There have been several links made between the two bands. The name 'Foxboro' is said to have originated from the name of an area near Rodeo, where Dirnt and Armstrong grew up, called Foxboro, while one of their songs, Ruby Room, shares the name with a popular Oakland bar.

Matt Mifford, a resident in Berkely, CA, recently explained the meaning of the entire band name. "[The name Foxboro Hot Tubs] refers to an apartment complex across the street from Billie Joe's house in Rodeo, CA where kids would sneak in and use the hot tubs. The name of the apartment complex was Foxboro, thus you would say, 'Let's go over to the Foxboro hot tubs tonight'."

The new band has also bore small resemblances to The Network, Green Day's other much-debated 'project'. While although all members of Green Day denied any involvement to The Network, references to the Church of Lushology can be seen on the Hot Tub's website - the apparent religion supported by members of The Network.

With no photos of the actual band present on their Myspace, there is little definitive evidence that the band are Green Day. Their photos do, however, add to their 60's themed style.

Green Day have made no comment as to their relation to the band.

Latest articles