The Changing Voice of Music - Comments

  • Nice job.I personally dont usually like people messing with artists voices,certain artists use alot of it,and it sounds pretty good,but true artists are the ones thats don't need that kind of tuning.This article posts alot of facts,and questions that I like.Very good job.
    January 29th, 2011 at 06:41am
  • I love Imogen Heap! Especially Hide and Seek! :D

    Personally, I like the autotuning. If you use it correctly, it can sound fantastic and not monotone.
    January 12th, 2011 at 05:17am
  • Music is always changing and evolving. I don't find a problem with it.
    January 11th, 2011 at 04:32pm
  • I never like auto-tuned voices. Actually I don't like voices which have been "mended with" or whatever the expression is. Except, of course, when it is in artistic intentions, like in Imogen Heap's music.
    But I always prefer natural voices.
    January 5th, 2011 at 05:13pm
  • This is, as previously stated, a well-written article.
    The topic points were concise and you had just enough
    of your personal thoughts and opinions in there.
    It wasn't overbearingly biased. Very nice job.

    The part that really stuck on me was about how these days
    the image of an artist is being backed up by their voice,
    which is most likely enhanced by auto-tone.
    It has been a prevalent theme in the music industry that
    image & vocal abilities go hand in hand, but the dynamics
    are being slightly altered due to the advances in technology.

    Anyway, it made me really think about the music I listen
    to both on my personal music player as well as the radio.
    January 5th, 2011 at 01:09pm
  • I really adore this article. It's so well-written and so true! There are many artists out there famous for their "singing" when they shouldn't be.

    I mean, yeah, auto-tune has it's place. Like with T-Pain, dub-step and those styles of music. But when in a song where the instruments are basically accompanying the singer, not cool.
    January 5th, 2011 at 08:09am
  • I agree with Reinvent Liebe. There are so many naturally talented musicians out there, and the ones who are covering up their voices with computerized crap are making it big, not that naturally talented ones. As someone who's going to major in music education next year, it's really a shame that that's the trend in music now.

    PS. Hide & Seek is still one of my favorite songs. If you think about it, the fact that there's really no backing instruments (I say that because she IS playing a keyboard) makes the song even more raw and emotional.
    January 5th, 2011 at 12:52am
  • I miss hearing artists who could sing without having to edit their voices. It takes away the beauty from people who are actually talented.
    January 4th, 2011 at 11:16pm