Avril Lavigne To Release New Album

The latest album from Avril Lavigne is entitled Goodbye Lullaby and is due to be released on March 8th. Nearly two years in the making, this album will be the follow up to The Best Damn Thing. The first single from the album "What The Hell" was performed by Lavigne on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.

With the Canadian singer/songwriter preoccupied with her fragrances, foundation, and new clothing line, Abbey Dawn, fans are eagerly awaiting to hear her new music. Goodbye Lullaby has actually been completed for almost a year but in a recent blog post she claimed her record company, RCA Records, was the reason for the delay as they decided to hold its release date until 2011. Avril worked on this record together with Butch Walker, Evan Taubenfield, Max Martin and her ex-husband Deryck Whibley.

The album is meant to focus on a really raw, emotional sound. "What The Hell" is the most upbeat song on the record, with the rest of the track list steering away from the pop-punk genre she entered with The Best Damn Thing. "I'm older now,” says Lavigne, “so I think that comes across in my music, it's not as pop-rock and it's a little more mellow and it's deep. [For] this record, I just really, really wanted to sing.... I just wanna have silence around me, and have these acoustic songs and really deliver.”

Lavigne writes her songs based on her own experiences, and that’s what makes her new record so personal. It will feature songs based on a number of different experiences. “Smile” shows appreciation for those special to her, “Push” explores the dynamics of relationships, “Wish You Were Here” shows Lavigne’s more vulnerable side and “Goodbye” is about having the strength to close a chapter in her life and move on to the next one. It will also feature the single "Alice" which Lavigne wrote for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland film.

She commented that “this has been a really difficult record for me to create and to release. Not only is this the most meaningful and special record I have written, it is sincere, honest and close to my heart.”

The track listing for the album is as follows:

  1. Black Star
  2. What the Hell
  3. Push
  4. Wish You Were Here
  5. Smile
  6. Stop Standing There
  7. I Love You
  8. Everybody Hurts
  9. Not Enough
  10. 4 Real
  11. Darlin
  12. Remember When
  13. Goodbye
  14. Alice

Avril Lavigne is looking forward to the tour that will come with the release of the record and says she’s “ready to get back out there”. The new single, "What The Hell" is available for download on the iTunes store, and Goodbye Lullaby can be pre-ordered from Avril Lavigne’s Official Website.

Sources:

Avril Lavigne: Studio Exclusive
Avril Lavigne Official Website
Avril Lavigne to Release Goodbye Lullaby
Lavigne Interview: New Album

Latest articles