Is He Really a Sellout?

'Never Shout Never,' the hot band who's lead singer's voice in one to be praised, seems that said lead singer is going through a tough time in his life.

While watching the video of the Behind the Scenes look of his Cover Shoot, the look on his face right before the last photo is taken is something that brings a question to my mind. Is he really a sellout, and is getting to him?

The look on his face was that of hopelessness, a heart-wrenching sadness that made me, a person who loves the music but doesn't necessarily like the singer himself, feel that tightness inside my chest and I felt sorry for him.

But, does this mean that his sold out and has truly given himself over to the corrupt industry that we have now?

I believe he has, in some ways. He's let his fans opinions take over his musical freedom, and has begun giving people what they think they want. And that not what music's about, not even in the slightest. Music should not be written for someone, it is something personal that you, yourself should right for only you, and then hope that other people enjoy it.

As with his first full length album, 'What Is Love?', that was a real person there. So many people didn't like it, expressed their opinions quite strongly, and I believe that's when he became a sellout. He wasn't sellout to the industry, he isn't letting the money take control. He's letting the fans, who are, in my opinion, not fans at all if the can't enjoy the music he produces that is a little more emotional than his normal, fluffy music about girls.

I personally like his 'What is Love?' album much more than any other because it seemed real, and that's was what I thought he was.He put himself out there with that album, and every single one of his so-called fans chewed it up and spit it out. And, in my opinion, it was them that caused this.

Only you can make yourself happy, and right now, none of his fans are letting him be. You should all just enjoy the music he gives you and not complain. He's extremely talented, you wouldn't want him gone like all the others, would you?

Latest articles