Secondhand Serenade Live in KL!

As the title states, John Vesely (better known as Secondhand Serenade) performed live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 11th of January! It was a free-standing concert held in Bentley Auditorium, Damansara from 5.30pm to 11pm, and only 700 tickets were available on sale. The opening acts were local act, acoustic pop singer Diandra Arjunaidi and alternative rock band Ask Me Again.

After some technical difficulties were resolved, Vesely finally showed up on stage with his touring band members: his brother Luke (keyboardist and bassist), Ryan Cook (lead guitarist) and Tom Breyfogle (drummer).

They kicked it off with some songs from their newest album, such as Stay Away, You And I and Something More, before going on to playing some of their older songs such as Your Call, Stranger and Awake. The crowd sang along loudly, surprising Vesely with our lyrical knowledge of his songs. "You’re in danger of giving us one of our best concerts ever,” he said, causing the crowd to scream even louder than before.

Vesely even performed a cover of Coldplay’s Fix You, before ending the night with the song that everyone in the audience knew the lyrics to, Fall For You. After the concert, there was a short autograph session. I managed to get a poster signed and see the band close-up; even if it was only for two minutes or so and all I managed to squeak out was 'hi'. I'm still starstruck!

It was truly an amazing experience to watch John scream his heart out live, Ryan rock out with his guitar, Luke dance as he played the bass and Tom play the drums like there was no tomorrow. If you ever get the chance to see them live, I’d definitely recommend that you go!

Latest articles