Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz Divorcing

On February 8 Ashlee Simpson-Wentz filed for divorce from husband, Pete Wentz, citing "irreconcilable differences". Ashlee is suing for full custody of the pair's two-year-old son, Bronx Mowgli, with visitation for Pete, as well as spousal support. She is also going to be legally dropping the hyphenated "Wentz" from her last name.

The couple released a statement that read as follows:

"After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our No. 1 priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives."

The pair began dating in 2007 and married on May 17, 2008. Bronx was born in November of the same year. There were rumors the couple was divorcing on and off throughout their marriage. A large number of these rumors were possibly fueled by the fact that Pete was frequently photographed with their son, but sans his wife as Ashlee was doing various other projects like 'Melrose Place' and stage productions of 'Chicago'.

Pete stated after the wedding [on Ryan Seacrest's radio show] that he and Ashlee did sign a prenuptial agreement, saying that in the event of divorce both parties would keep any assets they came into the marriage with and made on their own, then equally divide anything they made together during the marriage.

Latest articles