Wait...Quizilla Has a Forum?

Quizilla is a name recognizable by any seasoned internet-writer. The story/quiz combo site used to be a main hub of e-fiction back in the days of old; cementing its popularity with an easy-to-use interface and snazzy customizable homepages. However, the site took a turn for the worse in late 2006 when the site was sold to MTV and a massive re-design was issued, riddling Quizilla with bugs and glitches.

A large chunk of the site's populace abandoned it in favor of better, more organized writing sites: like, for example, Mibba. Quizilla was deemed dead and gone. But...was it really?

While the main site is still plagued by glitches and shoddy moderating, the Quizilla Forums--originally added early 2006, before the re-design--were left virtually untouched. The Forums even still retain the old Penny-the-Pencil-Monster logo: now a relic of Quizilla's past.

So why hasn't anyone heard of these Forums?

Well, that can be chalked up to another glitch.

In the re-design, the Forums link was removed from the sidebar and never replaced. Instead, rushed designers slapped a small link to it at the very bottom of the page, among the "terms of use" and "privacy policy" links.

So what's actually in the Forums?

The answer is, surprisingly, a rather long one. With 11,601 threads, 1,938,326 posts, and 1,402,055 members, the Forums are actually quite large. Discussions are not, by any means, limited to Quizilla-related topics. Quite the opposite, most Forum members rarely if ever use the main site, and instead use it as a discussion community while hosting stories elsewhere.

Topics include, but are not limited to:

  • Anime/Manga
  • Books/Movies/Television
  • Music
  • Debate
  • Advice
  • Games
  • Original/Fan Fiction (Advice, discussion, and advertisement)
  • Graphics
  • General discussion
  • Roleplay

Tempting, but is there anything wrong with it?

Yes, and no.

New users are currently unable to upload avatars--a single glitch that admins promise is on their to-do lists. And with the link virtually invisible, new users remain unaware of its existence. But the pros greatly outweigh the cons. With friendly (and active) moderators, easily customizable signatures, and a myriad of topics, the Quizilla Forums may be the only good thing Quizilla has left.

It has become a refuge and a friendly community for those who once frequented the main site, as well as users from a long list of other sites--and as time has shown, will not be so easily forgotten.

Latest articles