SING It for Japan

They came from all over the world, hundreds of people from all different cultures. Although they were all very different, they were all the same. They came from one incredible band, much like the Greek Gods came from The Titans, without the violence. My Chemical Romance was the band, and their loyal group of followers was the MCRmy (pronounced MC-army). They were superheroes. They all had unique powers, all very creative. So when the disastrous tsunami hit Japan what did they do? They came together and did everything in their power to help the people affected by the affliction.

They might not have had superpowers like, heat vision or the ability to disappear, but they had their canvases, their pencils, and paints. But most of all, they had the support of each other and their heroes. They set out to create all kinds of different pieces of art, well wishes, and prayers to put into a special remake of My Chemical Romance’s song SING called SING It for Japan. All of the proceeds of which would go to The Red Cross for Japan. Beautiful people donated their time and talents to produce the amazing song, then the video, which showcased the valuable art and prayers of the wonderful MCRmy.

Some people drew or painted pictures; some got into big groups and made banners with their messages for the wounded country. Others said their messages in sign language, with flags, anything and everything was included in this video.

The MCRmy and those involved in this project weren't just a group of teenagers. Even firefighters are part of the MCRmy, and contributed to the video. Whole schools and communities came together because “You are not alone.” Other messages included, “We are always here for you,” “Hello beautiful people of Japan,” and, “Though we may come from different countries and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one.” Beautiful tidings from beautiful people. Though the methods were all different and unique, the theme is all the same: hope. Because the world is singing for Japan.

You can find the video here. You can donate to the wonderful people of Japan here.

Latest articles