Fit For Rivals: Fit to Make a Second Album

Unsigned, independent band from Jacksonville, FL recently started a Kickstarter donation pool to collect $9,500 to help them make a new album, following their first one, Steady Damage (available on iTunes) which was recorded in 2009. In 2010, they recorded five of the sixty songs they'd written. They are currently aiming to complete a full-length album. With their hopes and dreams held high in the minds of 130 people, the five members of Fit For Rivals reached their goal at $10,264 on June 14th.

Various prizes were promised to those who donated, including a silly prize for anyone who would donate $10,000. With their newly acquired cash, they have been granted the ability to travel to Nashville, TN to record their next album. Aside from lodging and food, the money is said to go towards recording all their music and possibly distributing it.

It was only yesterday that I was actually about to buy the entire first album, and I was excited to listen to it (my 10-year-old little brother made me listen to Crash and Damage). I'm very happy to hear this news, though I didn't hear of it in time to donate a penny. I wait anxiously to see if I'll be able to purchase their next album.

For all the fans of Fit For Rivals, they are coming back to us soon.

Sources:
Kickstarter

Latest articles